Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did i mess up-bought a Cricut -quiltting???? >

Did i mess up-bought a Cricut -quiltting????

Did i mess up-bought a Cricut -quiltting????

Old 02-06-2011, 01:15 PM

I too thought they were for scrapbooking. Don't they cost about the same as the Baby Go that was designed for fabric???
Old 02-06-2011, 03:05 PM

maybe the patterns I was trying were too intricate? I had it on the slow speed, it kept peeling the paper up and it would get all knotted. I am using a new blade - I just bought the machine :( I'm using the expression.

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
you have to slow down the speed, too ~ I originally had the personal Cricut, and used that, I got the Expressions (big one) for Christmas, and have used it too. Makes great big letters. You can use either the Lite or Ultra Heat-n-bond... it does not work well at all when you use Wonder Under (I've tried them all). The lite spray starch on top of it all helps, too. Slow down the speed to the slowest setting, make sure you have a sharp blade, and that your blade depth is on at least 3-4 (5) for heavier fabrics) but quilting cottons I use 4 for my pressure. I use it all the time, but it does dull the blades (I think its the glue that dulls it)
Old 02-06-2011, 03:06 PM

yes, they are designed for scrapbooking but I watched on youtube that they could be used with fabric - and are perfect for fusible appliques.

Originally Posted by featherweight
I too thought they were for scrapbooking. Don't they cost about the same as the Baby Go that was designed for fabric???