Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did I see it here? >

Did I see it here?

Did I see it here?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 PM

I started a quilt as you go table runner some time back but only got the center block (on point) & one strip applied to the backing & batting before I had to stop and jump on something else that just had to be done. Now I can't find it, thought it was on here, did a search but still haven found it? Does anyone know what I'm asking about? It was to have strips of different widths surround a central square/fabric picture. I chose fall colors but many had Christmas & other themes. Hope someone can point me in the right direction ( speaking of which I thought I printed out the directions, can't find those either). It has been that way a lot this year seems like it anyway. :?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:48 PM

Yes, you DID see it here! It was our first "chat class" I think - and here's a link for you: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/2974.page
Old 12-19-2008, 02:30 PM

zyx got it right we did that last year have made several and sold 3 this christmas, really fun and easy after the first one, Happy Quilting :) :-) :D
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM

hi, for all of us that just don't know all this computer stuff where are the pictures?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:32 AM

Progress and completed pictures: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/45/2764.page
Old 12-24-2008, 08:39 AM

Thanks, this confirms what I copied and pasted was the instructions to this table runner. However, I was glad to see the pictures, really pretty. I have a question though. Did you use a walking foot when adding your strips or regular 1/4" sewing foot? And how did it go with what you used? I haven't tried to add my strips yet and was wondering if with all these layers if a walking foot might be the best way to go? No matter how hard I try I can't seem to ever complete a quilt without some tucks some where on it. Oh, the frustration! And after seeing the beautiful work of some of my friends in quilt group makes me wonder if I ought to give this quilting thing up. I enjoy the piecing the best because most of the time I do well on that aspect of it, just still struggling with doing as good as I would like on the quilting part. AAHHH! :cry: :-( :-o :x :? :(
Old 12-24-2008, 09:20 AM

Thanks for reposting the pics link. I loved looking at all the completed runners, they are are great. Happy Holidays to All. Nancy
Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 AM

Don't give up, DebJ. None of us are perfect.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:36 PM

what a neat table runner! I might try this with some orphan blocks i have sitting a round that i wasn't sure what i was going to do with them. I could use them for them center.