Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Did the quilt show in New York inspire anyone to start a new red and white quilt?

After seeing all those red and white quilts the other day, i feel like I should make one. Does anyone else feel inspired to do so?

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Good question. I adore red and white antique quilts but have a real phobia about using red fabric.

Help me get over it folks!! :D:D

The display was marvelous, but I could never do a red and white justice.

they were all so beautiful that it really makes me want to try one but it would be hard to decide which pattern to go for.

I am not a red/white person so no they are beautiful to look at but not for me to make :)

They were an inspiration. I may have to make one on retreat in a couple of weeks.

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    I am inspired to make one, but have my hands full with two wedding quilts and a Buzz lightyear quilt for hubby for his bday... and DGD 3rd birthday this July 4th, so she's getting a Muppets quilt. so we'll see if I'm still inspired come October :)

Quote Originally Posted by doll-lady
    they were all so beautiful that it really makes me want to try one but it would be hard to decide which pattern to go for.
    That would be the hard part for me.

I made one for my daugter in law 9 years ago. I used 17 different reds and 31 white on whites, white on cream, cream on white, etc, etc fabrics. It's totally gorgeous. I need to remember to take my camera to her house and get a photo of it.

Just made me remember I have a red/white table topper and a blue/white civil war baskets cut out and in boxes waiting for me. I just need to get caught up on WIP before I start something else.

The quilts and display were fabulous! Amazing that one woman owns them all.
    I would make a different color and white quilt. Red is not my thing. I am inspired by all of the delightful quilts I saw in the display. Humbling. :)

I made a red/white quilt. It was just made from sampler blocks from a quilt site I belonged to. It turned out pretty nice. Not all the fabric was true red, but that was okay for me. I will try to post a pic to this message & show what it looked like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe one day I will do a very traditional red and white strippy quilt...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doll-lady
    After seeing all those red and white quilts the other day, i feel like I should make one. Does anyone else feel inspired to do so?
    After pondering what colours to use in my newphew's wedding quilt, the red and white finally clicked. He married a girl from China last fall, and they are moving back to Canada this fall. Apparently red is a very important colour in China, meaning good luck and prosperity, so, yes, the NY show was a great inspiration for me. I'm thinking a double or triple irish chain.

I did a red and white bear paw. However I made it just before christmas and had no idea of the r/w show. I just know I wanted to do a r/w quilt I saw at our LQS.. I am going to quilt it soon and will post a photo when its done.

Blog Entries
    The quilt show was a wonder to see! I loved it very much . . . .but, it did not inspire me to make one. I loved seeing them but I have so many projects in my head already that I did not add a red and white one!