Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Die cutter for Rent >
  • Die cutter for Rent

• Die cutter for Rent

Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Hello everyone.
    I am in need of the use of a 2 1/2" hexagon die and cutter. I need to cut out over 800 for my granddaugher's quilt. I have called alot of the local quilt shops and they don't rent time on a die cutter. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there someone local that would be willing to let me use their's?
    Old 10-05-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by jlynnbach
    Hello everyone.
    I am in need of the use of a 2 1/2" hexagon die and cutter. I need to cut out over 800 for my granddaugher's quilt. I have called alot of the local quilt shops and they don't rent time on a die cutter. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there someone local that would be willing to let me use their's?
    Where is Carlton Oregon? Im down by below Roseburg but if you are anywhere near Riddle..there is a quilt shop called Thistleberries that rents out hers in the shop. Don't know if she will let you take it home with you. Good luck
    Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Carlton is between McMinnville and Hillsboro OR. So I am a little to far from Riddle.
    Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Are you going to use english paper piecing? If so, I would rough cut them and print free hexagon graph paper.
    http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
    Old 10-05-2011, 12:28 PM
    Power Poster

The Go Baby die cut is really inexpensive and uses the hex die. The money spent renting would probably pay for the Go Baby. It was $79 last week at several online stores.
    Old 10-05-2011, 01:46 PM

Are you making them all different colours and fabrics or are you making a bunch with the same fabric?
    I have a grandmother's flower garden on the go and just recently bought the hex die 2.5inch from Sizzix...4 hex's on the die...up until then I was cutting fabric out with a little cardboard template, drawing it on my fabric first...it actually went surprisingly fast...2 at a time
    I would offer mine but am in Toronto...
    Old 10-05-2011, 02:16 PM

Just a thought. There is a library a couple of miles away from me that has an acquilt (spelling error i know) but they have the dies also. All you need is a library card. Now i realize I am clear across the country but it might be something to look into at libraries near you??? This library is the only one around this area that has this that I can tell.
    Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 PM

check your local quilt guilds - i'm in 3 guilds and all of them have the machine along with tons of dies for their members to use free of charge.
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 PM
    SMR

Where in Ohio? Don't need any die cuts right now but since I'm in Northwest Ohio between Lima and Toledo, I'd lke to know were this is.
    Originally Posted by ragqueen03
    Just a thought. There is a library a couple of miles away from me that has an acquilt (spelling error i know) but they have the dies also. All you need is a library card. Now i realize I am clear across the country but it might be something to look into at libraries near you??? This library is the only one around this area that has this that I can tell.
    Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by tellabella
    Are you making them all different colours and fabrics or are you making a bunch with the same fabric?
    I have a grandmother's flower garden on the go and just recently bought the hex die 2.5inch from Sizzix...4 hex's on the die...up until then I was cutting fabric out with a little cardboard template, drawing it on my fabric first...it actually went surprisingly fast...2 at a timeI would offer mine but am in Toronto...
    Thank you for your suggestion. My mom has a sizzix and i am going to use hers. I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions. I would like to find a guild near me. How would I go about finding one?