Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Which dies would you buy?

Which dies would you buy?

I have my accuquilt GO and am now hooked on dies. There are so many different sizes of them and now I don't know which to buy.

I got:
    2.5" strip
    3.5" strip
    5" square
    6.5" square
    4" 'finished' half square
    and the small value die.

thinking I need the 2" strip, but not the 1" thoughts of others (while hubby is in the buying mood LOL)
    ​Nancy

Blog Entries
    I use the large rag die, large tumbler die, hex, circle, and flower dies a lot. I have about all of the dies so it's hard to pick one. Right now I am using the ribbon die more then I thought I would for tablerunner borders. I would get all the basic shapes, no more cutting ever! LOL
    Got fabric?

I am trying to build my dies by the ones I will use the most.

I would like one of these for Apple Core die.

Blog Entries
    I like the Go! best for odd-shapes. The tumbler is a fun one to have, and triangles are great because they match up so well.

Half square triangles! They piece together beautifully. :-)
    Laura

Tumbler, apple core and some of the more generic blocks I think. And maybe the double wedding ring if you ever plan on doing one of those! I am working on these and slowly working up to the the ones that are more applique focused as a get to projects that need them.

Im into rag quilts so the first dies I purchased were the large and small rag quilt dies. For some reason its really hard to crank the machine if you have more than one layer of fabric on the large rag die. Was disappointed in that. I have seen other people use it just fine with more than one layer but for me I had to have my boyfriend crank it and I was worried about it actually breaking the handle off the machine. And I was only using cotton on it! Then my mom got me the smaller rag die and I used it for the first time yesterday and 2 of the blades came out of the die, and each time i used it I had to push all the blades back down so that they didnt come out too. SO disappointed about that because I have to drive really far away to return it now lol. Maybe its just a faulty die, hopefully I can get a ride so I can return it.