Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dilemma with sewing room floor >

dilemma with sewing room floor

dilemma with sewing room floor

Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 AM

the problem with carpet in a sewing room is the threads and needles/pins that get stuck in it. You will always be vacuuming. It sounds like the water problem was a fluke occurrence right? I'd personally prefer some type of tile or linoleum and have some nice carpets to throw down or pick up as usage dictates. Or just sand that floor a bit and repaint it or even stain with one of the many concrete products available if it is in good shape already. You can even wax a cement floor, they look pretty cool all shined up don't you think? Yea and some of those newer manufactured laminate floors are nice and easy put in. Some of them cost as much or more than wood but, some people think they are more durable, less likely to scratch. All depends on what you like! I think this would be a warmer option than tile or paint and a lot less up keep than carpet.

In my little "pool house" home I have decided to go with the Vinyl composition tile like in schools and offices. But they also make it in so many other designer colors; blue, green, orange, purple, etc. and its only about .62 cents per sq. ft. I plan to go with a beige or oatmeal field and create a design with the accent colors blending them from room to room according to the main color in ea. room. You could create a quilt pattern on the sewing room floor. You can cut them with a utility knife no saw needed but the floor needs to be smooth w/o lumps. bumps ar indents because they may crack. They are easier to work with when its warm. Any way you asked for two cents worth of advice and I gave you a nickel :lol:
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM

OH ! I just caught your photos. Way to go! The floors look great with the walls :-) VCT Wouldn't have gone very well in that room.

Now tell us all about that long arm machine you are getting!