Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappearing 4 patch >

Disappearing 4 patch

Disappearing 4 patch

Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM

Looks like the four different fabrics work fine, and what's not to like about a different approach. The fabrics are all busy. The four different fabrics don't look any busier to me. Either way, HAVE FUN!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:53 AM

The white looks neat, but the placement seems a bit off for my tastes. If you're happy with it, go for it, but, personally, I'd transpose the first and third piece from the middle layer on each so that you have alternating colours wrapping around each block. As it is, it looks too bisected to me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399871[/ATTACH]

I'd rearrange it like that.
Attached Thumbnails altered.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 04:55 AM

I like the black one better. The other one seems a bit busy for me.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 AM

Thank you for that. I agree. The way you cut a D4P you have to place your fabrics where you want them before you sew. I think just using two fabrics is the way to go. I just couldn't like it so I am now doing a D9P AGAIN. I love that block, but I really was looking forward to doing something different. I think I will still have enough left over to try it again. It will look like what you suggested but not with white. Thank you so much. It's nice to know others understand.
Still having fun,
Darla
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Intrepid Niddering View Post
The white looks neat, but the placement seems a bit off for my tastes. If you're happy with it, go for it, but, personally, I'd transpose the first and third piece from the middle layer on each so that you have alternating colours wrapping around each block. As it is, it looks too bisected to me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399871[/ATTACH]

I'd rearrange it like that.
Thank you for that. I agree. The way you cut a D4P you have to place your fabrics where you want them before you sew. I think just using two fabrics is the way to go. I just couldn't like it so I am now doing a D9P AGAIN. I love that block, but I really was looking forward to doing something different. I think I will still have enough left over to try it again. It will look like what you suggested but not with white. Thank you so much. It's nice to know others understand.
Still having fun,
Darla