Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappearing Quilt! >

Disappearing Quilt!

Disappearing Quilt!

Old 08-29-2022, 08:16 AM

I love viewing all the quilts, knitting, crafts and woodwork, baked goods, etc displayed at our state fair. Everything is behind glass display cases, or hung, behind glass, on the huge flip through photo book pages type displays. It is so sad that there are people who feel so entitled, that if it is there, within reach, they take it.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:23 PM

Quilt Festival had to change how the floor was set up years ago after they had problems with vandalism and theft. They used to intermingle the quilt displays and vendors on the floor of the show. Now all the quilts are displayed in one area with limited access and lots of quilt angels watching them. It is sad that they had to do that. I liked seeing the quilts as I was shopping. A nice inspirational break!
Old 08-31-2022, 03:42 AM

45 years ago, I was very excited when my smocked baby doll pajamas were selected to go on to the state fair. Not only did I never see them again, they were taken before the judges went through the building, so I never even knew how they would have placed. I think we just hear about it more now bc of the internet.