Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which is disliked more by you? >

Which is disliked more by you?

Which is disliked more by you?

Old 04-03-2019, 11:30 AM

I always find a pattern I want to do but then comes picking fabrics that work ….trying to use up some of my stash so a lot of scrap quilts. I now I am to picky but when I don't think I like the colors I put them away and move on to another pattern. I spend way more time picking fabrics then putting it together
Old 04-03-2019, 03:58 PM

I detest putting blocks/sashing together into a top! By then, I'm "over it" and just don't want to deal with it. Plus, as mentioned in another thread, wrangling all of those blocks into a nice, tidy top seems impossible. Threads everywhere! Have already determined that my next top will not have stars. I want something without any fiddly points to match up without lopping or floating, lol.

Housework: I detest vacuuming. I've always disliked it, as the noise drives me crazy (I have very sensitive hearing, not necessarily a good thing). Now, with aging, it bothers me even more as I have bad shoulders. Tried to convince DH to get rid of wall to wall carpeting, but that was a no-go.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:00 PM

This thread is hilarious!!!

Totally dislike laundry and cooking....don't mind cleaning... as for quilting, I love everything about quilting except when I only have 2 more blocks to do and I see the end is near... I'm pretty anal about my creative space so I really enjoy tidying up after a project and putting things away, cutting up scraps etc. however, I do not enjoy clipping the threads on the back of quilt tops to prepare for sandwiching and quilting. I know i overdo it...can't help myself. lol!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 PM

This has been fun to read. It's not that I dislike dusting, it's just the last thing I do when cleaning and a lot of times I don't think about it. I'm happy with getting the rest of the stuff done. My stamina just isn't like it use to be. So I do only one cleaning task a day and tidy up the rest.

My sewing and quilting time is loved by me. That being said, sandwiching is so not fun. That's why a long arm is in the not too distant future. My body is sore after quilting sessions on my domestic. It's time to move on to a better deal.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:05 PM

The part I hate most is just before I am going to sandwich the quilt, turning over the top and clipping away all those loose threads. It really kills my back. As far as house cleaning, I hate dust bunnies. I am sure they reproduce...as soon as I get one picked up, another appears just around the corner. Under my entry table seems to be dust bunny convention headquarters.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:43 PM

Dealing with the scraps. Can't toss them but can't figure out how to manage them either. Dusting is no fun But the worst is figuring out what to make for dinner! That you have to do Every day!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-04-2019 at 02:14 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-06-2019, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
Housework!!Period. I don't mind any of the quilting process as much as I dislike everything about housework. Since DH retired, I have made a point of 'including' him in household chores, hoping that he might take on some of the load....wishful thinking, I know.
Ginger I had to laugh- this could be my exact answer!
Old 04-06-2019, 02:26 PM
DJ

I don't really try to compare quilting to housekeeping. They are such different entities. I don't like to square up blocks, though, and I usually won't do it. I just ease in any difference and once that's done and pressed, it usually makes no difference at all.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:28 AM

Our main floor is 1100 square feet & lower level is partially finished, so cleaning goes fast & that’s the way I like it. What I hate: Every fingerprint shows on the black counter tops & stainless steel kitchen appliances so I’m forever wiping them off. High maintenance. DH can’t see this. It will be a happy day when replacements come even if guests remark how good looking they are now.

what I hate about Quilting: putting colors and/or prints together.