Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Diversity Quilt >

Diversity Quilt

Diversity Quilt

Old 11-27-2010, 03:20 PM

Hi everyone,

Has anyone every been involved in a group quilt? Our committee is working on a diversity quilt. There will be 4 panels about 3 ft wide and 4 ft high.

In this panel there will be squares, about 8 inches all around (finished size). We would like to distribute material and instructions to have departments make their own square. How do we instruct the people that have never quilted?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks, Debbie
Old 11-27-2010, 03:53 PM

Make a list Do's and Don'ts that go with the block Like when you need it back by, (there's always stragglers)Don't do anything within seam allowances,,, Do use Pigma pens: not crayons,, have Fun with it I was asked to put one of these together for our school quilt was done,binded and was adding quilt label when received two more blocks less than a week before SURPRISE retirement party Needless to say he received to pillows to go with the quilt! SURPRISE
Old 11-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

No, I like to make mine own, not a joiner.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:33 PM

We just did one here on the board, it's call "virtual farm quilt" look it up on the search at the top of the board. We did an awesome job on it, when the quilting is completed on it we're going to donate it to be auctioned for breast cancer research. tcharlie did a great job organizing this group effort, PM her and ask her help in organizing your group project. Enjoy your project :) :) :)
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlonger
Make a list Do's and Don'ts that go with the block Like when you need it back by, (there's always stragglers)Don't do anything within seam allowances,,, Do use Pigma pens: not crayons,, have Fun with it I was asked to put one of these together for our school quilt was done,binded and was adding quilt label when received two more blocks less than a week before SURPRISE retirement party Needless to say he received to pillows to go with the quilt! SURPRISE
Thanks for your reply. I never heard of Pigma pens but I will look for those. Thanks again. Debbie
Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
We just did one here on the board, it's call "virtual farm quilt" look it up on the search at the top of the board. We did an awesome job on it, when the quilting is completed on it we're going to donate it to be auctioned for breast cancer research. tcharlie did a great job organizing this group effort, PM her and ask her help in organizing your group project. Enjoy your project :) :) :)
Wow, thanks for the info. I will definitely contact her. Thanks, Debbie