Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
DIY Stylus for Hinterberg Stretch Frame >

DIY Stylus for Hinterberg Stretch Frame

DIY Stylus for Hinterberg Stretch Frame

Old 01-27-2021, 11:10 AM

Default DIY Stylus for Hinterberg Stretch Frame

Hello All,

I picked up a used Nolting Fun Quilter on a Hinterberg Stretch frame not too long ago. It didn't come with the pointer package that Hinterberg used to sell. I am interested in trying out pantographs, so I would like to have a stylus/pointer of some sort on the carriage. Does anyone have some suggestions for what to use? I prefer something mechanical instead of a laser. I see they have a new plastic/metal stylus for sale, but I think I can make something with what I have.

Also, if anyone has this frame and pointer package, would you be willing to post some close up pictures? Hinterberg has pictures on their website, but they are dark and it is difficult to see the build of the pointer/stylus. Maybe I can make my own using parts from the hardware store.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2021, 08:25 PM

I have the same frame and use Pantographs. The stylus looks like a round pencil without lead, it is about 10” long. If you don’t have the apparatus to attach it, you might consider buying it. Its one of those things you don’t think about much but if you didn’t have it you would be dead in the water without it. Good luck.