Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dizzy quilt, update 2

dizzy quilt, update 2

Well, I am just getting happier and happier with this dizzy quilt. I just sewed the blue triangles on. This is my first attempt at blocks on point, and I think I understand how to do it. The quilt no longer makes me dizzy. Thank goodness!! I have two borders to put on it yet, but I am done for the night. Here is where I currently am. (Oh, small white border and larger blue outer border...or at least that is my plan. We'll see if I end up with it that way. )

Dina
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love it! You did a great job. I still haven't done a quilt on point but I really like how they look. Please post showing it when you have the borders on.

Senior Member Blue's quilting mama's Avatar
    IMHO, borders really make a quilt! I love how yours looks so far, and will be watching for the completed top!!!

Wow! This quilt just keeps getting better and better! I can hardly wait to see the finished results. TKS!!

I like it without a border!

Power Poster
    Looking good!

It is sooo pretty. I love the colors.
    Ann Scatena

Oh, you all make me feel good. I am pleased at how it is progressing. At least it doesn't make me dizzy, like it did the first time I posted.

Dina

That is a beautiful quilt! The simplicity of the fabric adds to it's beauty, I love your choices!

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    if you just enter your updates on the original post, the people who are following will get the msg on our subscriptions... if you keep starting a new post, it does not do this... thanks for the updates... it is a lovely quilt..

Beautiful, great job

Blog Entries
    comin' along good
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

This quilt is getting prettier and prettier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Well, I am just getting happier and happier with this dizzy quilt. I just sewed the blue triangles on. This is my first attempt at blocks on point, and I think I understand how to do it. The quilt no longer makes me dizzy. Thank goodness!! I have two borders to put on it yet, but I am done for the night. Here is where I currently am. (Oh, small white border and larger blue outer border...or at least that is my plan. We'll see if I end up with it that way. )

Dina

Sounds great. Keep going.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    I love it! You did a great job. I still haven't done a quilt on point but I really like how they look. Please post showing it when you have the borders on.
    IF you do a quilt on point, make sure your outside triangles are cut with the "on grain" side on the long/diagonal side. If you put the bias side on the long side, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to finish off the edges.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    Dina, Really pretty quilt. Love the on point setting. Can't wait to see it finished and quilted.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    You're right, it no longer makes you dizzy to look at it. You are doing a wonderful job on this. Keep up the good work.
    sew1

This quilt is more gorgeous every time I see it. Now that everything is "lined up", it no longer makes me dizzy either! Your colors are wonderful. I disagree with a former post, politely of course. This quilt needs borders. There is too much "motion" in the quilt to do without borders. The eye needs a place to "rest", and I'm hoping your borders will be more "still" and peaceful, and provide a nice balance to all of the motion in the middle. Just my thoughts. Take them or leave them. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! Be sure to post it. I'll be looking for it!
    MacThayer

Like your quilt and colors. Great job.

I liked this quilt from the first time I saw it and I hope you don't mind if I steal you idea and make one for my granddaughter. Love the color and the simplicity of it.

Your quilt is coming along great, yes, the outer blue square have really settled it down.
    With quilters for friends, I will always be warm.

Quote Originally Posted by deemail View Post
    if you just enter your updates on the original post, the people who are following will get the msg on our subscriptions... if you keep starting a new post, it does not do this... thanks for the updates... it is a lovely quilt..
    This is news to me. I don't get msg. on posts I am following. Must be some box I need to click on. I will go check it out. Thanks.

Dina

Well, I found the spot marked My Subscriptions, but I didn't know what to do after that. I am basically afraid to mess around, for fear I will mess something up. Can someone guide me on what to do. I have been going to My Profile and clicking on ...oh, I have forgotten what it is called...something like "recent posts" to see new answers to threads I have responded to. I would love to figure out this way of getting there. Thanks if you can help.

Dina

Very, very nice. You are doing a fabulous job. And it's in my favorite color! Can't wait to see the finished product. Kudos to you!

It's wonderful...very bold and graphic. Love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast