Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do any of you do quilting subscription boxes? >

Do any of you do quilting subscription boxes?

Do any of you do quilting subscription boxes?

Old 04-15-2018, 06:19 AM

Not my cup of tea...I actually enjoy picking out fabrics and coordinating them myself, it’s a fun part of the process for me. I purchased a kit once (at a quilt show) and didn’t enjoy making it as much.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:26 AM

Default Betty Boop flannel

Cut it in half and use it on the back of two doll quilts which only have to be the size of a fat quarter (18x22). One of my quilt guilds makes these out of stash fabrics, scraps, and especially fabric we wouldn't use elsewhere. Then we give them to the Salvation Army which gives them to (needy) children at Christmas. Other guilds dress bears and dolls and another group makes wooden doll beds and other toys. You get the idea. Even if you don't have other support groups you can check with your local charities to see if they can use them. The other thing we do is make pads for the animal shelter. Now they can always these and workmanship does not matter as long as they are stitched well. Hope this helps because it only takes a few minutes to make these if you just sew them around the edges and then turn them right side out. No binding necessary.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:48 AM

I don't subscribe, but my daughter and daughter in law do. What they don't like, I get. Sometimes I get duplicate gifts and will keep one and share the other with a guild member who might like the project. i think if they don't like the contents, they should return it.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:53 AM

I started subscribing to SewSteady recently and have received 2 boxes. So far I am happy with them, both had a new ruler and fabric selection with included pattern and other goodies. As OnebyOne said it is a fun gift to myself and something to look forward too every month.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:39 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

No. The only box(es) I would subscribe to right now might include:

1. each month, you could have one quilt sandwiched, or
2. each month, you would have 5 free hours on a nearby longarm machine, or
3. each month, someone would come in and cut all the scraps you have created into usable sizes, and otherwise tidy up your sewing room

I need no more of anything. Until the next wonderful gadget comes out and my bird dog brain says, “Look, squirrel!”
Old 04-15-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by hilsmom View Post
Which ones do you like?
None for me. I like to control what I'm spending my hard earned money on.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
No. The only box(es) I would subscribe to right now might include:

1. each month, you could have one quilt sandwiched, or
2. each month, you would have 5 free hours on a nearby longarm machine, or
3. each month, someone would come in and cut all the scraps you have created into usable sizes, and otherwise tidy up your sewing room

I need no more of anything. Until the next wonderful gadget comes out and my bird dog brain says, “Look, squirrel!”
If you find someone providing Box #3, sign me up!

I've had other subscriptions at various times, but I've never gone for a quilting one. I love the idea, but I have so many quilting accessories that I don't think it's practical to subscribe. I'm also not a huge fan of precuts, so that doesn't leave much for me in most boxes.

If I was just starting out, and was adventurous, I would definitely consider it! I hope it works out for you.