Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do any of you have and use..... >

Do any of you have and use.....

Do any of you have and use.....

Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 AM

I have the Original Alto's Quilt Cut. I have recently rearranged my sewing room and have an extra table. So I leave it set up all the time. No this is not flimsy. I didn't use it when I first got it because of not having a more permanent place to put it--didn't want to handle it too much because it is heavy.
I do like it very much.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 AM

I have one and love it. It stores needing very little space. I have mine under the TV cabinet in my living room and have hidden it well. If I had more space it would always be out ... and sometimes it does seem that way. I definitely is not flimzy. Another website is: www.sewez.com

For JustAbitCrazy: take yours to a show where they have a booth. You should get immediate service without mailing/shipping anything.

Last edited by AliKat; 10-16-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

I have one. It's quality made and heavy, I don't tote it around anywhere. You'll get more use out of it if it is on a table that is accessible on both sides. The new ones are now in color and very pretty. My mat has held up for years. I need to buy a new mat as it is looking it's age.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 AM

I have one. I really like it. The only problem I see, is that right now it is being used to stack things on. I have too much clutter right now. And I don't like where I have it. I need to find a better place in my sewing studio to keep it set up all the time. I tend to forget I have it. But it does do a wonderful job of cutting straight, without getting that dip in your straight cuts. It really works great for cutting charm squares and anything that you need to cut in different directions without having to shift the fabric. I think it is well worth the money.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:09 AM

I have one and love it, too. I have very weak hands/arms, and it make for more accurate cutting and ease for me! It's a great size also. Mine is the white one.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:23 AM
Power Poster

I will have to look that up. Sounds quite interesting.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

When I got my Go I use the AltoQuilt Cut to cut fabric pieces from yardage to go on the die. The most important feature for me about the Alto is the safety factor when cutting. It's safe for my granddaughter to use.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:14 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I bought one after searching high and low for a good price on a used one and didn't like it. Took up too much space. Too clumsy to me. Sold it on ebay. Waste of money IMO.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:26 AM

I have had the Alto's QuiltCut2 for years, and couldn't live without it. It stays on my sewing table, I never have stored it, if I need the table for something else, I just put it on my bed. My son got me a new mat for it last Mother's Day, never had any problems with mine. Was worth every penny!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:36 AM

I have mine set up ... use it a LOT....love love love it. Worth the price and years of use .