Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do i have to use Embroidery Thread?

My dealer insisted that you have to use embroidery thread, but my gf used whatever color she needs of whatever thread. It has always worked fo her.

Blog Entries
    actually I would stay away from serger thread, too much lint..........calla

Blog Entries
    If you are just doing a label, I would think you could use what you have. I have a ton of embroidery thread because I do a lot of embroidery. I have also use some of the variegated threads to do some of my FSL (free style lace) (when I do wash away type crosses), that works okay.
    If you do a lot of embroidery then you would want to invest in the various threads, if not use what you have. Do a sample first with some muslin to see how it works out for you.
    Nancy. . . Alameda, Ca.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrie View Post
    I don't care for the shine if i can use the Serger thread that would be good so quilters please let me know on that also
    I use any thread I want. I've even used serger thread to do FSL, it took me awhile to figure out how to make it work but once I did it was great. I used a sharp needle and one that was a little bigger plus slowed down the stitch length. You can buy cones of thread, even emb at quilt shows that is low cost. I use all threads for my emb machine and just bought a serger and I was told I could use all threads on it too.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Just make sure to use bobbin thread in the bobbin.

Blog Entries
    I used serger thread once in my embroidery machine for some quilting. It did not wear well at all. In fact, I was quite disappointed in how it looked after some wear. I have used some regular sewing thread for embroidery designs and it works fine, although it might be more linty than polyester.
    jlm5419-an Okie back in Oklahoma!
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2