Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do people buy Accuquilt Dies for just one quilt?? >

Do people buy Accuquilt Dies for just one quilt??

Do people buy Accuquilt Dies for just one quilt??

Old 08-25-2014, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I haven't bought one because then there is the added expenses of all the accessories.
There are no added accessories when you buy a die.....and one buys the die because one already has a cutter.....at least I would think so.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:49 AM
Banned

I haven't bought one because of the expense.
For ME (this just MY personal feelings) I am not spending THAT
much money on something that doesn't cut the fabric with the
touch of a button (electronic not HAND crank).

For that much money I would add a little to it and buy a scan n cut
or some other cutter.

Like I said this is just MY opinion on those cutters. But I do think they
are cool for what they do.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have bought some dies knowing I'd probably only use them one time. I like the dies that make the whole quilt block pattern in one cut. They are called BOB, block on board for the Go. I share my dies with friends that have a cutter but I won't loan my cutter. I don't have thousands invested in a new machine or LA so the cost of dies are cheap in comparison.
I have many dies..some I have not used yet, but the ones I have used are perfect......have allowed me to make patterns that I know I would have shied away from if I had to rotary cut those pieces...much faster and more accurate with the die...let's you get on with the piecing quicker.....every one has to decide for themselves if the investment equals the results...
Old 08-25-2014, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

I used the snowflake die to make decorations for my guild Christmas party. I used cardstock to cut the shape and then cut the shape using shinny decorative paper. I glued this to front and back of the cardstock shape. Punched a hole and hung them. I did the same with the pumpkin die shapes to decorate a sale booth for a fall festival. I used fabric glued to cardstock and used markers to add details.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:49 AM

I have not done that but only because of a tight budget. I would do it in a heartbeat if I had more $. I have strips and geometric shapes that work for many patterns. I love this system and happy I was able to get one.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:18 AM

Well, the answer to your question: I hope not! I got the GO and a bunch of dies but have only used 2 dies so far for a tablerunner and some coasters. The circle die was great for the coasters. When I cut circles by hand they are not circle-y. I think the die cost was worth it for that, but it will take a lot of cut shapes to justify the cost of the GO itself!