Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do these fabrics inspire a certain pattern for you? (Needing ideas). >

Do these fabrics inspire a certain pattern for you? (Needing ideas).

Do these fabrics inspire a certain pattern for you? (Needing ideas).

Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM

I can see the reds in many patterns, especially the Rail Fence and D9P. I love the fabrics in the butterfly set, just not so much together. The colors on my screen might be off tho, because in the other sets, some look brown and some look black. I'm thinking you would have all the same in each group. If the blue/black group is indeed all black, I would definitely go with a D9P there; probably adding a solid black or white for the center blocks to add unity thruout the design.
The three brown/whites I really love and would add a bright to them for impact. I think you could hardly go wrong choosing one. Red, fuschia, green, lime, pink, teal, yellow......... I think the only color I would stay away from would be orange and tangerine. Then I'd jump on the Scrambled D9P for that one. LOL, can you guess what my favorite pattern is? There are so many ways to arrange your blocks after they are sewn. The D9P is one of the easiest and most versatile patterns I know.

Last edited by wildyard; 01-17-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 PM

Ooooh! I LOVE inspiration Qs!

Putting on my silk turban and looking into my crystal ball...I LOVE the reds! I see them with a white background in a traditional pattern s/a drunkard's path, Bethlehem Star, or pineapple motive with lots of points and spikes.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 PM

Love the fabrics, except I don't think the butterfly fabric fits with the rest. Both the colors and the pattern of the butterfly fabric doesn't seem to go with the rest. Can't wait to see what you make!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM

I found one with the same colors: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/04/...uilt.html#more