Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you buy fabrics online and if so pleae give us the links?

I second Fabric Depot. Plus you can't beat Over The Rainbow in Washinton State. I think the URL is www.overrainbow.com.

www.fabric.com
    www.jofabrics.com

I've had no problems, and the fabric comes FAST!

I have ordered from the Fat Quarter shop a number of times. It is quilt-specific, they have kits and FQ bundles, etc. The owner Kimberly is awesome and I have not had any trouble with them:

http://www.fatquartershop.com

I have also ordered from fabric.com twice. Again, no issues.

Blog Entries
    lots of my favorites have already been listed. i would like to add one "go-to" site i discovered during the february fabshophop.

http://www.homesteadhearth.com/

If you go to quiltshops.com you will see many of the places I have done business with. I like Ann's Fabric and Crafts, in New Hampshire, the best.

Blog Entries
    I buy from any online shop that has a clearance at the time I want to buy. I've never had any problems. Any online shop that doesn't know one bad review posted about bad service can result in thousands of no orders deserve to be out of business.

I was wondering if there is a online site for buying thread. I ma interested in finding Masterpiece by alex Anderson or King tut bu superior.

I have found it hard to find hand dyes locally and a special project that calls for color gradations or applique work might need them. Janet Smith is wonderful to work with. She will even send swatches. She also sells pieces in very small amounts. Her prices are very reasonable considering what they are. Here is the link. https://www.textileart.com]https://www.textileart.com[/url]

Have shopped at equilter.com. Beautiful fabrics, great service and they donate part of your purchase to charities (you can choose from a list.)

If I may toot my own horn.... I sell pre-cut Moda fabrics online on my own website, ebay, and etsy, also have a facebook page (please be my friend!) but I don't actually sell from there, only promote. I only accept PayPal so both the buyer and seller are protected. I rarely get any complaints but if I do I handle them pronto. My shipping is free on website orders and I use only USPS First Class Mail on single item orders, or USPS Priority Mail if the package weighs more than 13 ounces. My customers love the fabric and the fast, free shipping.

I buy fabric often on line. My favorite shops show large swatches, descriptions, and "eQuilter.com" has color matching and lists items related to the swatch you are looking at.They always have a sale or two, and a list each week of new fabrics. I am always looking for unusual fabric with good designs and unique fabric as well as fabric with texture. Diana T Quimby

Quote Originally Posted by kat13
    ok, I have to tell you what happened to me. I have one credit card I use for online shopping which is mostly for fabric and threads etc. I have shopped at most of the stores mentioned. One day a lady called me from QVC (home shopping) and asked me if I purchased a computer to be sent to NY. She gave me my last 4 digits of my CC...EEK..I said NO,OOOO. She cancelled the order and told me to cancel my CC (which I did). The only reason she called me is because it is their policy to call and verify if the name doesn't match the card number....Thank goodness she did!! I don't even know anyone in NY! I have always only used this card on "secure" sites so...beware everyone!
    that happened to me also i use a pogo game site to buy a pc game and one of the employees used my card at bed bath and beyond the credit card call because it was in calif and i live in Mo. so yes be careful where you buy.

mema

I am buying more and more fabrics on line. My favorite place is
    www.fabricshack.com which is here in Ohio. They have the largest and best selection of fabrics I have ever seen both on line and in their store. I also order from: Keepsake Quilting, Virginia Quilter, Suzanne's Quilt Shop, Connecting Threads, and Ebay. So far I have never had a problem with on line buying.

fabricshack.com is a good one.

I have ordered from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and never had a problem. They also have a deal of the day every day at midnight.

www.connectingthreads.com is great! The fabric is lovey and easy to work with, and the kits are great!

Quote Originally Posted by stichinluvr
    http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103220...iG9mBEXMWlpw==

J and O Fabrics has a lot of fun fabric, trademark, animal, children's, sports and others.
    Thank you so much for posting this site! It has exactly the fabric I needed at "bargain basement price." :D

community benefactor
    I love - www.fabrics.com and connectingthreads . Fabric.com has great close out prices ans r now selling yarn cheaper than I can get anywhere else. Great customer service too.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    all the time!!!

www.connectingthreads.com

www.thousandsofbolts.com

www.discountembroiderysupply.com (great for purchasing sulky rayon threads for dirt cheap prices)

www.jhittle.com
    me too

I guess all we can do is check our statements! I love to shop
    online and will definately be checking out some of these shops!
    At least you know where it happened and how...I have no clue
    where my number was taken but glad it was caught!

http://www.zandsfabrics.com
    I have ordered from these ladies numerous times. Never have had any problems. They have a great clearance section and run specials regularly.
    I have also used many of the other sites listed in this thread and had no problems. If you stick with the name brand fabrics you shouldn't have any problems with the fabric.

I like Z and S. They are in Pensylvania Amish country and are very fair in their pricing and have some good sales. Marshall's Dry Godds have the best prices because the lines, although from great manufacturers, are usually last years designs (I dont care).

Go to www.superiorthreads.com. They manufacture King Tut, Alex Anderson's Masterpeice, Bottom Line, Razzle Dazzle and gobs of other lines. You can order directly on line from them.

Banned
    [quote=craftybear]Hi,

I was wondering if you buy fabrics online and if so could you please give us the links and information if you had good service etc.

I buy from International Fabrics in PA. They have fabrics from all over the world & occasional sales, you can sign up for their e-mailing list.
    Tennessee Quilts has good prices, Hancocks of Paducah always has web specials and first quality fabric on sale, Fabric Attic, Laura Wasilowski's Artfabrik in ILL for hand dyed.

Also, Quilt-a-way in VT., Quilters Workshop in NH, Portsmith Fabric in NH
    Vintage and Vogue in NH has lovely reproduction fabrics
    Quilted Threads in NH has extraordinary Japanese fabrics, expensive though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast