Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you have this book?

Do you have this book?

Organizing Solutions for Every Quilter: An Illustrated Guide to the Space of Your Dreams
    By:
    Carolyn Woods

My DH ordered this book for me. The reviews are great, just wondering if any of you have it, and if so, do you like it?
    Thanks in Advance Beckie
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

I don't have that book but I followed the link and it looks awesome. When it comes to organizing, I need all the help I can get. I got 2 Barnes & Nobels GCs so I'm thinking that book may go on my list. :-)

I don't have the book but I requested it at the library last week so I should get a call about it any day now.
    Gloria 

I have the book and absolutely love it. Every quilter should have it. Has great ideas for every space. I have several books on organization and this one is without a doubt the best for quilters. This woman understands.

It sure sounds great, let us know what you think. I am tempted to order it though as it has excellent reviews.
    Michelle

I don't have it, but hink I may have ordered it? Will let you know if I get it...lol
    Remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

Don't have it but always fun looking at other sewing rooms and getting organizational ideas...will have to see if I can borrow it through our library.

I ordered that book yesterday from Amazon.com. Cant wait until it gets here.

Sounds great - on my list. What is your favorite tip or idea?
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I haven't got one yet. Maybe I should because I defitiely need to get organized!!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

I ordered it for my Kindle (that I just got for Christmas!). I figure it this way: #1 it's cheaper to order the Kindle version and #2 it will keep another "thing" out of my sewing room - which is part of the point of the book, reducing and organizing "things".
    Ginny B

I have it, but never really used it, though I still enjoy looking at it when I run across it. Hubs gave it to me.

I don't have that one, but I do have Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space: Sewing-Room Makeovers for Any Space and Any Budget by Lois L. Hallock (Nov 2005), which I just picked up again. If your book is anything like this one, it should break design ideas down by area. Have fun instituting some of her suggestions!

I have this book and love it!! It's great! I had been doing some of the things without even knowing.

Good luck to those that have it!
    Gold and Silver are made purer and stronger by Fire.

What I read looks and sounds like I need that book.

Quote Originally Posted by SooBDo View Post
    I don't have that one, but I do have Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space: Sewing-Room Makeovers for Any Space and Any Budget by Lois L. Hallock (Nov 2005), which I just picked up again. If your book is anything like this one, it should break design ideas down by area. Have fun instituting some of her suggestions!
    I'm actually fairly organized on my own, but there are some interesting ideas. The things I want really require more space, but that's okay. I do fine with what I have. Once the boy leaves, all my stuff moves out to the living room with DH's blessings ;-) The longarm is already out there.

I much prefer the other older book:

Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space: Sewing-Room Makeovers for Any Space and Any Budget by Lois L. Hallock (Nov 2005)

It was more helpful for me. I have read/reread it many times. That is how I get so much into my small space studio.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

I just had to look at the book you were talking about. I just got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and guess what? I got the Kindle edition. When I go home tonight, I will have it on my Kindle. Yeah! Thanks for sharing the link and book. I can't wait to read it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginny B View Post
    I ordered it for my Kindle (that I just got for Christmas!). I figure it this way: #1 it's cheaper to order the Kindle version and #2 it will keep another "thing" out of my sewing room - which is part of the point of the book, reducing and organizing "things".

Great thinking! I just got it for my Kindle Fire. The KF shows all the pictures in color. No Kindle? or only black and white Kindle or Nook, get the free Kindle app for your computer, works the same. I can really free up some space if I could get all my quilting books digital.
    Got fabric?

My book came today! Lots of great ideas! The only one I may have trouble with is........GIVING away fabric that I don't use........WHEW, I just knew that lightening was going to strike me . Guess I'll keep reading. So far I LOVE the book,....Hope that those of you that ordered love it too.
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Sewing-S...5126633&sr=1-9

this is specific to sewing spaces rather than just quilting and was so good, i bought it for a friend...the hints, tips and room plans and ideas are wonderful.

Looks like a great book not just for the sewing room but every room, have to get it
    Deb T

Looks like a good book!

I also followed the link and boy this looks like a book I need. Will have to check the library until I can get my own
    Thanks for sharing.
    Pat
    Patsy

I too, need all the help I can get with organization. May have to get this book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast