Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a favorite brand of fabric? >

Do you have a favorite brand of fabric?

Do you have a favorite brand of fabric?

Old 02-13-2008, 06:21 PM

I love Moda. :D :D :D :D
Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 3incollege
I do have some favorites, Anything moda. I love henry Kaufmann andI'm trying to collect Doewubi. I only buy from a quilt shop and that includes batiks.
My favorite is Moda (esp Fig Tree and American Jane). I do shop for color but if it's Moda all the better.
3incollge, I think you mean Robert Kaufman or Alexander Henry both wonderful fabrics. I'm sorry what is Doewubi sounds interesting. I also love hand dyed and batiks.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:40 AM

I love batiks, there is no right/wrong side, the grip well so I don't have to use too many pins. It isn't real soft because it is dyed through and through but I just love the look. I don't snub any of it though!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 AM

Me too! Hoffman, RJR, Moda, Timeless Treasures, Alexander Henry, Red Rooster, Fabri-Quilt, most designers that the quilt shops sell are good for me!

I have decided that Joann's fabrics are really pretty shoddy, and won't last. So they are off my list.

If you can see through it, it isn't going to take too many washings to destroy all your hard work. That is my theory anyway!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

I've used and really like Moda, Hoffman, RJR and Kaufman for the quilts I keep of give to family or friends. My charity quilts may have fabric from Walmart, Hobby Lobby or even from my Grandma's old stash. Who knows WHAT that is! :lol:

I find that if I'm going to spend that much time making a quilt...I want to use only the best fabric and threads that I can afford.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:26 PM

My all time fav brand of fabric is moda, love it!! I am so glad to see there are others out there that feel the same.. LOVE IT, LOVE IT
Old 02-14-2008, 06:13 PM

I love Kona and its rich colors but it's tough on my hands quilting. For the cheap stuff VIP is quite nice, and on the other end of the price gage I like RJR.

For me it isn't necessarily the brand, I have to like the look and feel of any piece I pick up regardless of brand. I love Batiks but don't go with any particular label, just what's pretty. That said, the new quilt shop I'm camping out at has so many beautiful fabrics I don't know where to turn, the quality is a step up from what I’m use to looking at at Walmart and Joanne's.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:14 PM

Don't mention the last to anyone at Joanne's; I still want my coupons!
Old 02-15-2008, 04:34 AM

I like Moda and Benatrex but will use it if its 100 per cent cotton. Its personal preference but I am not crazy about cotton/poly blends, but naything else look out! I am like Steve love the BAtiks--no matter whether its Hoffman or anyone else--love em all :lol: And if you'd be brave enough to open the closet doors, you'd see that htere hasn't been a lot of fabric that I didn't like. Most of it made it home wth me :lol:
Old 02-15-2008, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
I buy whatever catches my eye and do not care who it was designed by.
I would have to agree with you there Henry. If I like it I get it!! whatever the designer.. Although after saying that, I do still love the Thimbleberries and Mumm fabrics!!!

Cheers
Andrea