Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a wheeled case? >

Do you have a wheeled case?

Do you have a wheeled case?

Old 12-10-2011, 09:54 AM

I love my Tuttos, especially the four wheels and the metal framework. They are very sturdy. Definitely worth the price, but shopping around is best. I have two mediums - one for my FW in her case and one for my Pfaff 2056.

Someone suggested Shoppers Rule - they do the make an offer, while showing full retail. However, Overstock.com has some and ebay has different ones.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 AM

My largest machine fits in a wheeled tool carrier from Harbor Freight. Not as elegant as the brand name bags, but it does the trick.

cleodaisy
Old 12-10-2011, 03:01 PM

I have a wheeled case and do not use it. When it is loaded, it is too heavy to get down the steps and out to the car. Then have to lift it into the trunk.

So I have a small folding wheeled handcart that stays in the trunk. I put my machine into a small fabric carring case that is easy to carry, my supplies in another. Easier to carry and when going into guild, I pile them on the handcart with a bungie cord to hold them.

Jean
Old 12-11-2011, 06:53 AM

I got mine from Hancock's fabric on sale. I got two and I learned a valuable lesson after buying the first one; along with the pull out handle make sure it has handles on the bag as well. When you are carrying it upstairs of putting it in the car you can' t use the pull out handle because it'll end up breaking away from the bag. It needs the set of handles on the bag. I now have to get a larger one for my Ruby and can't afford the Viking bag.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:37 AM

I have two different wheeled bags. One is a two wheel, side pull that I put my Pfaff in. It fits fairly snug. The other is a Tutto bag that my Janome 6600 fits in. I was looking for the Tutto dealer at the sewing expo in Denver last year and they weren't there but there was a lady that had all sorts bags and totes that had one Tutto bag on clearance because she wasn't going to carry them anymore. It wasn't the color that I really wanted but the price was way too good to pass up. I find myself not taking the Janome anywhere though because it's so heavy. But since it doesn't have a permanent place to live here in the house when I don't have it set up it lives in the Tutto. I glued some 70s style flowers to my Tutto so it's customized.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:33 AM

I bought a two wheeled padded case in the sporting goods department for $40 (on sale) and added more quilted padding top/bottom and sides. Has lots of pockets and is just the right size for my Babylock plus room for the cords, pedal and misc.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:55 PM

I have the bluefig for my babylock espire, and love it. It works for me.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:22 PM

I have a Tutto and love it! I bought it a few years ago when the store had a 30% off sale. I use it a couple of times a month to take my machine to classes, and it has held up very well.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:36 PM

I use a luggage rack with wheels and I got a big bag from the good will that was big enough for my machine I use a couple luggage straps it works pretty good the wheels on the rack are larger than the sewing ones and the rack is really strong.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

I have one I bought from Janome. I love it and use it all the time.