Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Do you recognize this fabric?

Do you recognize this fabric?

Of course I started a project and thought I had enough fabric. Right! So now I need enough of this fabric for binding and JoAnn's does not have any more and cannot tell me the name or the manufacturer. If you recognize this and have the name/manufacturer, I would appreciate the info.
    Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan0001.jpg 
Views:	2020 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	519971

Sorry, I don't recognize it but from the photo it looks like it is a heavier weight fabric than what is commonly used for quilting. Is it home dec fabric, or a denim?

First question, do you have your receipt? That is very valuable information when you shop at JAF. Customer service can't help you unless you have the code for the fabric. I keep my receipt and glue stick a small sample of the fabric next to the number on my receipt. Other stores in your region may have it but it is all categorized by that number on your receipt.

Can you use another fabric for the binding? Bring out one of the colors you used such as the soft green. Good luck. I also cut the selvage off and keep it with the patten I am using. I have learned from my previous mistakes.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

If you don't find your receipt, did you possibly pay for it with a debit/credit card? If so, you might be able to get receipt info from the bank and go to JoAnns to have them look it up (I know you can do that at WalMart, so maybe at JoAnns too).

Very pretty, that is all I know about it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

At our JoAnn thre is a book with a picture of all the fabric so customers can special order. Mybe youcan take a pcture of your fabric and look through the book to see if it is still available. froggyintexas

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    when I buy fabric I take a photo of the end of the bolt with the information and the fabric and selvage edge. Easy record keeping.

Blog Entries
    I was successful finding some fabric that was even out of production at a website called www.missingfabric.com. They are not always successful, but it was for me. It's a free website and done as a service.

I've also done that at our local quilt shop when I ran out and I was fortunate and able to order more. Usually the mfg and the name of the fabric is on the receipt. Also, try "in search of" on this board. I had great luck there once too.

If you don't find it, there are lots of colors in the fabric that it seems that it might not be too hard to find something to bind with, if that's all you need.

I believe this is it. The post is on Pinterest, posted by Rachel 3 years ago. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/147985537725560634/ She identifies it as Legacy Studio Fabric-Isle De Paradiso Packed Floral.

OOPS..... This is not it, but close. Good luck on finding your fabric.
    Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 05-20-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Thanks for the input. The fabric may look thicker than cotton, but it isn't. But I have had it for over a year and no receipt. Guess I will just try to find a complimentary fabric to use for the binding.

It almost looks familiar to me. Can you put up another picture of the same fabric? Even if it is in a block or quilt we can see more of it.