Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Recognize This Pattern >

Do You Recognize This Pattern

Do You Recognize This Pattern

Old 11-16-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I like https://quiltsby.me/projects better then Pinterest.
I didn't realize that it Quilts by Me was affiliated with MSQ until Jordan suggested contacting them directly. It is so nice when people on that site and this forum tell what pattern they or if it is their own design.

I don't know what it is about Pinterest but I agree, it's not as enjoyable for me as a quilter as it once was maybe because of all the advertising? I think that I agree with you that I'm enjoying
https://quiltsby.me/projects more than Pinterest these days.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Love this quilt! I would return to the "Quilts by Me" website. At the bottom of the page there is a 'contact us' hotspot. Send MSQC a note and ask if there is a way to contact the person who posted the image.
Don't know if this helps, but when I'm trying to draft a pattern, I look for sizing clues and make some assumptions.
My main assumption is that the patches or blocks finish at a 'normal' measurement, like at a half inch or an inch measurement.
If you look at the picture & assume the binding is 1/4", then all the border strips finish at 1". This makes the pumpkins about 4.5" tall, add an inch for the stem and an additional half inch of cream for the separation and you have a 6" finished block. These look square to me.
This makes the center square finish at 12", so the center cream square finishes at 6".
Oops my apologies to you PaperPrincess, it was you and Suzisew that informed me that Quilts by Me was a MSQ site! So my thanks in helping my poor old mind rest by locating the pattern and stop obsessing about finding its source. <giggles>
Old 11-16-2017, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
It looks like it is her own pattern, but the site is sponsored by MSQC, maybe e-mail them and see if they can help.
Oops Sue, it was you that first directed me to MSQ to try and find the source of the pattern. I had not connected the website with MSQ. Thank-you so much....(((Hugs to you)))
Old 11-16-2017, 06:20 PM

Love the pattern. Thanks for all the info on it.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:21 AM

Thanks for the info - love the pattern.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:20 AM

Thank you to those who are way more in the know about the internet and good sites to visit. I am not a pinterest person and have the links saved for future use.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:59 AM

totally cute project and great site. I went through my quilt photo files last night and deleted 475 photos.
I'll never make those types of quilts again, and now its easy to look at the ones that have real potential.