Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do you remember...... >
  • Do you remember......

• Do you remember......

Old 10-28-2020, 12:30 PM

Default Do you remember......

A month or so ago, someone posted a black and white quilt with red accents. She had copied the photo from QB, but didn't have the name of the pattern or know the poster. She was requesting some help in getting the name so that she could make it. Unfortunately, I didn't even save the photo.

Yesterday, I decided to make a quilt for my bed. I finally came to terms with I can't use a quilt for the "spread", as I have dogs. I'll just continue to use a very washable bedspread on top of the quilt. That's what we did when I was a kid.

While searching my brain for what I wanted to make, I remembered that I bought a bunch of black and white fat quarters at an estate sale a few weeks ago. Then, I remembered that quilt. If I am remembering correctly, it was really striking.

Can anyone help.? I've searched for it, but with no more than I remember, I get no hits or too many hits.

bkay
    Old 10-28-2020, 01:03 PM

Do you remember anything else about the thread... was it mostly on the one design or where there a variety of photos??

I've done a couple of easy black and white quilt tops, they are in my unfinished album. First I made the one with 4-patches, and the second one I took the leftovers and it looks like a jellyroll race and was made like one but the strips are larger. First one I call "Not Everything is Black and White" and it is based from a project on one of the Stack the Deck books by Karla Alexander -- I think the second one.

As I said the next one is just a jellyroll race variation. It actually is upside down in the picture -- I call it the "Newspaper" quilt because it is black and white and red all over. The reds are a consistent square, the black and whites are varied lengths.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...14-621647.html
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...14-621646.html
    Old 10-28-2020, 01:19 PM

Try this.
    https://tinyurl.com/y2j4onxw

Old 10-28-2020, 01:21 PM

Easy -- what a great link! I should figure out how to do that. (I know the tiny part...)
    Old 10-28-2020, 02:19 PM

oh my! lots of very pretty quilts! I love black/white with red highlights.
    Old 10-28-2020, 02:32 PM

It was the one quilt - only the one photo. She was hoping to find the name of the pattern. If I remember correctly, someone recognized it.

It may have been the turning twenty quilt. If no one remembers it, I'll find which turning twenty pattern this is. I like it. I understand those are easy. I have a short attention span unless I get on a mission.
    My quilt From Turning Twenty book

bkay
    Old 10-28-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by bkay
    ... She was hoping to find the name of the pattern. If I remember correctly, someone recognized it.

It may have been the turning twenty quilt. If no one remembers it, I'll find which turning twenty pattern this is. I like it. I understand those are easy. I have a short attention span unless I get on a mission.
    My quilt From Turning Twenty book

bkay
    I think I remember that thread. My "google-fu" didn't find the original thread on QB, but I thought I remembered it was from pinterest. I found https://www.pinterest.com/pin/151574343681052509/ and it sure looks like the one you found.

The link on pinterest didn't work and I couldn't do a image save to google image search.

ETA - just found it Quilt Pattern and it is by same person as your link. She did it in a month.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 10-28-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Old 10-29-2020, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench
    I think I remember that thread. My "google-fu" didn't find the original thread on QB, but I thought I remembered it was from pinterest. I found https://www.pinterest.com/pin/151574343681052509/ and it sure looks like the one you found.

The link on pinterest didn't work and I couldn't do a image save to google image search.

ETA - just found it Quilt Pattern and it is by same person as your link. She did it in a month.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
    Thanks, Janey. No, she had saved the photo from QB. That turning 20 quilt is great, though. It may even be the one she had saved.
    Thanks again.
    bkay