Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you roll or puddle? >

Do you roll or puddle?

Do you roll or puddle?

Old 04-09-2010, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by pam1966
I'm usually a puddler, but sometimes I try rolling and it's such a pain for me I go back to puddling.

That didn't sound right.
LOL Thats okay Pam I puddle also, in fact my neighbor does too come to think about it!!

I have a really cute neighbor girl that lives across the street from me and she came over to talk to me while I was working on my '51 Ford earlier today. I am getting it ready to paint so after I hosed it off I asked her if she wanted to take a spin around the neighborhood.

Of course she was all giddy to go ride in an old car (shes 26) and we took off down the road. She told me she liked fast cars and wanted to know if I would "get into it" for her. :mrgreen:

Little did she know as soon as we were on the main road I nailed it and after spinning the tires through third gear she was squealing like a little girl. When we pulled up to my house we got out and I looked at her pants and she peed all over herself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

God love her she was so embarrassed, but she thanked me for the ride and told me that she didn't want to go that fast again

Billy

OMG, Billy, that is so funny!! (Hope she didn't mess up the inside of your car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

When I quilt, I'm a puddler too.....
Old 04-09-2010, 06:12 AM

I puddle. I started out rolling but it quickly became a pain in the neck - I felt like I was constantly re-rolling. Puddling seems to work much better for me.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I'm usually a puddler, but sometimes I try rolling and it's such a pain for me I go back to puddling.

That didn't sound right.
LOL Thats okay Pam I puddle also, in fact my neighbor does too come to think about it!!

I have a really cute neighbor girl that lives across the street from me and she came over to talk to me while I was working on my '51 Ford earlier today. I am getting it ready to paint so after I hosed it off I asked her if she wanted to take a spin around the neighborhood.

Of course she was all giddy to go ride in an old car (shes 26) and we took off down the road. She told me she liked fast cars and wanted to know if I would "get into it" for her. :mrgreen:

Little did she know as soon as we were on the main road I nailed it and after spinning the tires through third gear she was squealing like a little girl. When we pulled up to my house we got out and I looked at her pants and she peed all over herself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

God love her she was so embarrassed, but she thanked me for the ride and told me that she didn't want to go that fast again

Billy

OMG, Billy, that is so funny!! (Hope she didn't mess up the inside of your car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Thanks for the morning chuckles. I knew I could on this post for that sooner or later.
:-D
Old 04-09-2010, 06:23 AM

Me too, puddle. Or as I call it Stuff and Fluff.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:46 AM

I roll until it unrolls and then I'm a puddler.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Definitely a puddler! Lucky to have a kitchen table behind my machine and a second (my Nana's old table) to the left. Works quite well as I was also frustrated with trying to "organize" the surplus. Good luck!
That is pretty much what I do I put the leaf in my kitchen table and I scoot down all the wat to the end of the table, then I take my card table and put it at the end of the table to make an L shape. It works pretty well. I have quilted a King size this way.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
Originally Posted by sewjoyce

That didn't sound right.

Billy

Thanks for the morning chuckles. I knew I could on this post for that sooner or later.
:-D
Ha, this post gets better as we go on! Thanks for the chuckles as well as the info. After reading all these great replies I reckon I will stay a puddler. :lol:
Old 04-09-2010, 01:41 PM

I sort of do a combination of both. If it works to roll, I roll. If it works to puddle, I puddle. Sometimes if the weight of the puddle starts to pull, I roll.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:04 PM

I start rolling but usually end up in a puddle :roll:
Old 04-09-2010, 03:05 PM

I puddle . Jolo