Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you see faces in your fabric??

I was ironing fabric today, flipped it over, and there was a face staring back at me. Either a dog like Lady from Lady and the Tramp or a long hair hippie type guy. I have another fabric that looks like a bald beatnik with a goatee. And many others (thinking of making a quilt with fabric faces :D ). And as I showed the face to my boyfriend, he wondered how many of you see faces in your fabric. So, do ya?

And were you smoking "wacky tobaccy?" Tee hee. Or were you up really really really late? I don't see faces (or hear voices). But you sure have a great imagination!

see if you can take a picture of it next time and we will see it, never know we might be smoking the same "wacky tobaccy"
    LOL LOL LOL

Might want to think long and hard about getting more sleep and cutting back on the caffeine. I think taking pictures is a good idea too...but don't try to get rich auctioning them off on eBay....LOL

Check your medical insurance. You likely have psychiatric coverage too.

My mind must be predisposed to seeing faces. I have seen faces in flooring, fabric and various places. I think it has to do with some peoples creative abilities.

I am just kidding BTW!!!

I guess if you looked at anything long enough you can see different shapes, kinda like looking at the clouds and seeing kittens and such.

I've never seen faces in fabric, but do see faces and other objects in lots of things. I thought I could see a face in this piece of driftwood. only one person I showed it too could see it. The second image is how she fixed it so you could see the face.

turned out to be this
    Name:  Attachment-35172.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  35.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haven't seen faces; however, have seen psychedelic flower colors jumping out at me in Springtime, while driving down a particular street in a local town with beautiful flowers. I need to take a paintbrush & canvas to see if I can capture that this year. Yes, I'm certifiably insane, & that's what attracts certain people to me. They can pick me out of a crowd. I lived in California too long back in the 1970s. ROFLM_O

Hmmm..........I see tons of things that aren't there, or so I have been told. Being on an island, there are things here that locals will talk about, but others won't.
    Anyone remember Taotaomano? ;)
    I also hear voices at times....the ones in my head don't count. I really do think I am going crazy at times, but then again...I LOVE living in MY world!

Just look at all the people who see things (faces etc) in other things. You aren't strange at all. A friend of mine told me once that when that happens, you are thinking with your creative side. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skpkatydid
    My mind must be predisposed to seeing faces. I have seen faces in flooring, fabric and various places. I think it has to do with some peoples creative abilities.
    Same here. My DM got me started when I was very young. It was the way her Art School had her percive things. So she told me.

The driftwood is so cool.

Here's a rock that I call Monkey Face. It is about 40' high.

I don't see faces in fabric, but it could be only a matter of time before I succumb to the illness as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like a monkeys face made out of legos. lol

Banned
    I want some of what you all are drinking!!!!!! LMAO!!

Blog Entries
    Would you believe that my 3rd grade teacher taught my class how to look for faces/people/animals in textures? I have never forgotten it. There were two classmates in that class that became successful artists and they started out tracing the figures and shapes they saw when no one else, other then our class, could see them. I remember in elementary school we were taught how to be creative whether we were or not.

Barb-MO, for what it's worth I saw the face instantly in the first photo; didn't have to search for it at all.

Relax - we're all okay (or we'll all crazy but then who would know?). Seeing faces in objects is a natural phenomenom called pareidolia.

One explanation is here: http://www.skepdic.com/pareidol.html

OMG I am glad I am not alone
    I see faces in about every texture, clouds, wood, wall paper, but havent looked at my stash of fabric yet i bet I can see them If I look.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    I was ironing fabric today, flipped it over, and there was a face staring back at me. Either a dog like Lady from Lady and the Tramp or a long hair hippie type guy. I have another fabric that looks like a bald beatnik with a goatee. And many others (thinking of making a quilt with fabric faces :D ). And as I showed the face to my boyfriend, he wondered how many of you see faces in your fabric. So, do ya?
    If you get and Jesus or the Virgin Mary you could probably sell them on E-bay - remember the grilled cheese sandwich with Mary's face?

Quote Originally Posted by skpkatydid
    I'm glad it's not just me

All of the rest of y'all are missing out!! And I will take a picture of the beatnik and post it, as soon as I can find my camera.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSewing
    And were you smoking "wacky tobaccy?" Tee hee. Or were you up really really really late? I don't see faces (or hear voices). But you sure have a great imagination!
    Hey send some over here. I wanna see faces.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*mutters to self "I'll show them I'm not crazy"*

Ummm, okay, pictures for you skeptics

The first one is the face I see, hair, sunglasses, no nose/mouth.

The 2nd is the fabric rotated, which is the beatnik type serial killer face my boyfriend immediately saw. Big forehead, sunglasses and creepy goatee thing

The 3rd is another face, not any of the ones referenced in earlier posts. And while we're looking - how great did my points turn out? :D

Face I see
    Name:  Attachment-35694.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  82.2 KB

Face my boyfriend saw
    Name:  Attachment-35695.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  82.5 KB

Another face
    Name:  Attachment-35696.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  42.9 KB

I saw both faces right away but then I also talk to myself and play scrabble with imaginary friends! :? :-D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast