Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Use Applique Pins??Which ones?? >

Do You Use Applique Pins??Which ones??

Do You Use Applique Pins??Which ones??

Old 04-11-2009, 03:37 PM

I bought some applique needles and love them! I thought they might be too short, and that my reg. pins were fine....but, now using them I love them!! My thread doesn't seem to get caught on them at all, the applique sits nice and tight to the fabric. Mine are Clover w/a white rounded end....now, I am on the hunt to find different ones. Know of any?And, do you like yours too? I can't seem to find any since!! Skeat
Old 04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

I bought some by accident and it turned out I love them. What a surprise.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:30 PM

Just looked at my appliqué pin box, sorry no name on it! They're very short & very fine...I bought them at a quilt shop....not made in China ones. It is amazing how pleasant it is to use just the right pins isn't it? Hope you find some soon.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

I really love mine too. I guess I am a nut, but I have different kinds of pins and they all have their own pin cushion or magnetic thingy, and I think of these little ones as special.
I don't think I have the label anymore, (which is something I usually keep...info), but I bought mine at Joann's.
I would like to have some more, please sir. Fixin to take a trip their in about a week or so.
Funny, I get a thrill just thinking about going in a fabric store to get a box of pins or needles...ah, but what will I come out with????? :D :D :D
Old 04-15-2009, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
I really love mine too. I guess I am a nut, but I have different kinds of pins and they all have their own pin cushion or magnetic thingy, and I think of these little ones as special.
I don't think I have the label anymore, (which is something I usually keep...info), but I bought mine at Joann's.
I would like to have some more, please sir. Fixin to take a trip their in about a week or so.
Funny, I get a thrill just thinking about going in a fabric store to get a box of pins or needles...ah, but what will I come out with????? :D :D :D
Do post what you find!!:)Since these little pins are so fun and great, I am thinking there is more I am missing or even better ones!:)For those that don't have them, or was thinking of trying them...go for it! You won't be sorry...and, as far as getting excited about fabric stores...me too!!:)In fact, finishing up 'stuff' here this morning and was thinking of going down to sew...but, I know where there is a fabric sale today...hmmmm:)Skeat
Old 04-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Skeat
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Do post what you find!!:)Since these little pins are so fun and great, I am thinking there is more I am missing or even better ones!:)For those that don't have them, or was thinking of trying them...go for it! You won't be sorry...and, as far as getting excited about fabric stores...me too!!:)In fact, finishing up 'stuff' here this morning and was thinking of going down to sew...but, I know where there is a fabric sale today...hmmmm:)Skeat
sale, huh? remember your boa, and clear them gals outa your way, honey! I'd be surprised if I don't find more of these pins, so I'll let you know. :D P.S. will be first week of next month.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:28 AM

sale, huh? remember your boa, and clear them gals outa your way, honey! I'd be surprised if I don't find more of these pins, so I'll let you know. P.S. will be first week of next month]]I will be waiting!:)