Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you want the good news first or the bad news? >

Do you want the good news first or the bad news?

Do you want the good news first or the bad news?

Old 11-06-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
I sometimes wonder what the end of a story is, so here is the end of this one. This quilt was intended for our accountant as a thank you for all his hard work. I made it about 10" bigger adding a border around the front, a stripe down the middle of the back and a border top and bottom on the back and it was becoming the "quilt from hell" but I quilted it myself and only finished it about 2 weeks ago. He came over on Monday. I think he did appreciate it as he told us about looking at one this summer and almost buying it but when he went back for a second look he realized that there were a number of worn and frayed spots. It was also funny that he found a piece that had a bit of writing on it - the word giggles. He has a funny last name and when he was a kid apparently the other kids called him Giggles. I must admit I am glad to see it gone.
That's the best part of the story! It was meant to be for him. I'm glad you got it out of your way. Sometimes we are finished and other times we are just done. Sounds like you were done-done!
Old 11-07-2019, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by L'il Chickadee View Post
Someone advised me years ago to box up old stuff, seal and date the box. If you haven't opened the box after a year, then dispose. Whatever you do, don't open the box.
I just know the thing, whatever the thing is that is in the box, it will be needed exactly a week after the box is gone.
Yes! I get this. I hold onto everything which makes me crazy too - but this has happened more than just a few times! So glad someone else relates to this!!