Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Doctor's Office Bonus >

Doctor's Office Bonus

Doctor's Office Bonus

Old 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM

I use forceps after I have finished a quilt that may have had seams restitched or threads that crept through the seam. The take a great hold on those tiny little threads and put the out of the stitched seam with no problems.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by fmhall2 View Post
pinkberrykay, I can sympathize with you. I, too, am putting it off. I've had a torn rotator cuff for a little over a year.
Don't put it off!! I had a complete tear of my rotator cuff and the surgery was the best thing I ever did! It was 6 weeks without use of that arm but then the doctor took off the sling and threw it to the side (reminded me of Eleanor Burns throwing the selvage piece over her shoulder...lol) and said, "Start using your arm!!" The exercises helped me regain my movement and my arm is better than it had been for a very long time.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:56 PM

Might as well find good use for these throw-aways. The insurance company paid dearly for them actually and so is you hubby in his recovery.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:02 PM

I just had shoulder surgery on Friday, oh boy after the nerve block wore off, holy moly it hurts. The oxycodone they gave me isn't really doing all that great of a job. I had bone spurs removed from my rotator cuff and then they went into my clavicle and shaved off the end of that too.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Froggy, I am so sorry for your pain. I had both knees replaced three years apart, the last being three years ago, and for the life of me I can't remember the removal being painful. In fact, I thought I had stitches instead of staples but am probably wrong. If I can't remember staples or stitches, how can I remember the pain? Oh well, just wanted to let you know we are part of the new knee club. It has been wonderful to be able to move without pain. Hope the same goes for you.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 PM

As a retired nurse, and a quilter, you cannot get the hemostats out of my sewing area without a fight. I use them for everything from holding the needle when changing it in my machine, to pulling a thread, to holding a bit of batting to clean out the bobbin area. I'd be lost without them!~
Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 PM

Just had rotator surgery, unfortunately no stitches to get the pride. Believe me, wouldn't be worth it, just go buy a pair. LOL
Old 01-09-2012, 03:41 PM
LDB

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62 View Post
I just had shoulder surgery on Friday, oh boy after the nerve block wore off, holy moly it hurts. The oxycodone they gave me isn't really doing all that great of a job. I had bone spurs removed from my rotator cuff and then they went into my clavicle and shaved off the end of that too.
You are so right! When the nerve block wore off, the words (that I can post here) included 'holy moly' amoung others! Fortunately, it does get better. Sleeping has seemed to be a challenge, but if you have a nice recliner, it is much better. If you don't have one, go buy one and have it delivered ASAP. Your recovery will be much quicker if you are able to get a bit of sleep. DH had a spur removed as well. Just try to comply with the limitations. You don't want to damage the repair and have to do this a second time! You will be quilting again soon!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:30 PM

I do that when my husband is in the hospital to,,,,,,I even take the tape to........We pay for it.........
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM

You can always use the forceps for threading the lower loopers on a serger.