Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have the AccuQuilt Go? >

Does anyone have the AccuQuilt Go?

Does anyone have the AccuQuilt Go?

Old 01-03-2010, 07:36 AM

i have the Go! and i love it! cuts well. i did see that shoppers rule has them on sale cause the prices are going to be rising soon i guess. the go is expensive but so is everything else with this hobby. it's worth the cost i think cause it cuts my shapes all the same so then i don't have a problem with making things match up.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 AM

I have the smaller Go that can travel. It is easy to take to a friends. I like the smaller one because a friend has the Studio one and you have to have room to leave it up in your sewing room. I also went on a sewing retreat and a friend and I cut 13 quilt using the go. We did it all in one day. Which was fast. Also it was triangles with the point tips cut off. So sewing went fast and accurate. Hope this helps
Old 01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

I have one, I bought it as soon as it was available. It's fantastic for cutting scraps in to ready to sew pieces. The Go is a personal machine and the Studio is for mass cutting. I have learned a lot of tips using the Go from the yahoo group: accucutquilters
The GO dies are not interchangeable with the Studio. There are lots of YouTube videos on using it. I learned how to mark my dies to get different shapes from one die from YouTube.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:40 PM

I have had the GO for a while but didn't have but a couple of dies, the strip cutter, 2.5 and 1.5. I LOVE it. I ordered 5 more dies for myself for Christmas. Can't wait to get them. I got my order in before the prices went up. I had been debating and putting it off, but once I heard prices on the rise I jumped on it.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 PM

I have the Go cutter and love it. It is so accurate and fast.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

I have the Go and really like it. I can cut only 4 layers of fabric at a time because it is hard to crank; several people said that it gets easier (and you can cut more layers at a time) after it has been used a lot.

The Studio has a lot more dies available for it than the Go, but both the machine and the dies are more expensive. I would love to have a Studio, but you have to have the space to dedicate to it (it's not portable) and the cash to afford it.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

The Studio is really a heavy duty cutter and if you plan on cutting fabric for quilt kits or cut ten shapes at time then it's the one for you. Realistically I know I'll probably make 4 maybe 6 pieced quilts this year so the Go cutting 4 layers is plenty for me. My favorite die is the Tumbler die. It sews up fast. Having all dog ears cut off makes matching pieces so much easier.