Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have this cabinet or one like it? >

Does anyone have this cabinet or one like it?

Does anyone have this cabinet or one like it?

Old 07-01-2013, 02:51 PM

I have an older model of the Kangaroo Cabinet. Mine is the Aussie and was actually made in Australia. I LOVE this cabinet. Plenty of room for sewing and folds up small when needs to be out of the way. I had one slight problem, I bought it used and had to order the insert for my Viking. Unfortunately I assumed the new ones were the same as the old ones and when the insert came it was much too big. So had to spend another $79 to get the proper fit. My fault but was painful to the pocket book. Just think of all the fabric I could have bought....:O(
Old 07-01-2013, 04:07 PM

I have an older Koala quilt table which I love. However, one thing to check out which may or may not make a difference to you is this. The extension top of mine opens up from the chair side of the machine and lays on top of the support behind the machine. If I don't want to use the extension, I have to have it "lean" on the wall. This isn't a problem for me. At the time I got my table, another brand had the back leaf fold all the way down in the back and is lifted up to slide on the support, so if it wasn't needed it just is left down. Does this make sense? I can't tell from the photo which way this one goes, and it may not even matter to you. :-)
Old 07-01-2013, 05:26 PM

So far the ones I'm looking at fold down in the back. It wouldn't be good for my space if it didn't so I'll be sure to watch for that.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:32 PM

I don't have that cabinet - but keep watching Craigs list - I see sewing cabinets on there all the time. (Just take someone with you when you go to look at it)
Old 07-01-2013, 05:44 PM

We don't have a craigslist here. There is one for a town about an hour away so I can look at it.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jakers1 View Post
I have the Sauder table and love it. I do not have and will not put in a drop in function because I can move the machine back to have work space in front, then move it back when sewing. I also love all the storage. I would however, put a two by four under the extension to stabilize it.
I have a Horn cabinet with 4 drawers and an extension and add on cabinet with drawer and door for serger...
at home. Have had it for 10 years very sturdy , .wish it had the back extension to put up when quilting.....at our summer cottage I have a Sauder cabinet from Walmart...have had it at least 5 years and it is still just like new ...no problems with it at all and rather then have machine down in it, I prefer it to be uncut so that
I can use it for my computer or whatever .
Old 07-01-2013, 08:22 PM

I have the kangaroo cabinet Aussie, which is just a slightly more delux version of the Wallaby. Love the fold out leaf behind the sewing machine. I had to turn the cabinet so I faced into the room in order to have space for the leaf--bonus is that I now don't face a wall and I can see the TV. Love the cabinet. I've had mine for over two years now and have absolutely no complaints. When I got my new machine (Babylock Crescendo with a knee lift--Whoo Hoo never had a lift before), there was plenty of room for the knee lift lever.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:20 PM

I noticed that Connecting Threads has this for $849. Over here they're £859 - about $1300. It does come ready assembled though (small island ) but for the price difference, I would have been only too glad to have built mine, lol.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I'm trying to save up for this: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NQN3EE/ I like the leaf on the back for when doing larger quilts and that it folds down to save space when piecing. Plus I want one that lets me put my machine inside so the bed is level with the table (I have that now but the brackets block the hole for the knee lift so I can't use it).

Anyone have one like this? Or are there any others that are the same, only cheaper?
I have a Horn cabinet (not this one) and I LOVE IT!! They are hand crafted, made in the US, and guaranteed for life......
Old 07-05-2013, 11:29 AM

I have this cabinet, also. Think I paid $100 and like it very much.