Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this ironing board?

http://home-solutions.hsn.com/homz-r...=4525&ocm=4525|hw&prev=hp!4525&ccm=4525|hw

Is it good for quilting?

Power Poster
    Nope. sorry.

Nope but I read some of the reviews from people that had purchased it and ??? most not good.

Oh my it sounds very dangerous. I wouldn't buy it!!

Blog Entries
    it is a pretty cool ironing board. if you press shirts and clothes..free shipping doesn't hurt either! i watched the video..

for pressing fabrics for quilting..i don't think the 360 rotating would make any difference.

there are ways to make your own ironing board,wider for doing fabrics. you make a removable piece, for when you have larger pieces of fabrics, i haven't done mine..always wanted to.

the iron interests me, didn't check out the price or info on it yet, but it is ceramic and the bottom looks interesting,for sure!

Blog Entries
    where did you see the reviews?

I would not buy it after seeing the reviews.

I ended up buying a wide ironing board at Walmart for $40.00 which I do like very much. It also has an iron rest and a shelf underneath to store pressed/unpressed items.

My ideal ironing board is one that is home-made and slips over the regular board to iron large pieces of fabric. Eventually I will get my husband to make me one, but for now this one serves me well.

This is the second ironing board I've bought in 38 years and only bought it because the other one would slip down while ironing. Plus I must have a tendency to press harder on one side and it is bent.

Don't think I would waste the money. I think if I needed to reverse the board it would be easier to just get to the other side of the board.

too bad those people couldn't get their $ back. I think the company should and save their name. They have made a bad name for themselves otherwise.

I would pick up an expensive ironing board at walmart/target etc and buy the 6 foot by 2 foot board that lays across the top. Would cost about the same and you would enjoy it more.

Blog Entries
    I still make due with the ironing board i received as a present 46 years ago.

I bought mine at Walmart.

If a advertise begins with "You Must Have" this send red flags. I will just keep my $10.00 board from Target. I don't like to iron.

pab

Blog Entries
    My ironing board is home made and costs a whole lot less.This looks a bit dangerous if it collapses as indicated in review....pab

Quote Originally Posted by crochetetc
    I would pick up an expensive ironing board at walmart/target etc and buy the 6 foot by 2 foot board that lays across the top. Would cost about the same and you would enjoy it more.
    Six foot board? How interesting - will have to check it out.
    Thanks
    June

NO for quilts you need something in a rectangle! And its very easy to make your own! I think its in Tutorials take a look. OR PM me I will tell you how. 8-)

Blog Entries
    If you do a lot of fusing it would be great. One side for messy fusing and one side for pressing.

WOW! Looks neat but the comments are BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    Thanks
    June
    I meant inexpensive ironing board but the topper board that was advertised at quiltshows just sits on top of the ironing board and is removable. My FIL made me one for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago and I love it!

Here is a link to the one sold at the Houston Quilt Show.

https://bigboardenterprises.com]https://bigboardenterprises.com[/url]

From the reviews it looks like that's a crappy ironing board for anything.

Banned
    Thanks
    June
    You can make one yourself at a fraction of the cost of buying one (and assuming either you or someone in your family is handy):

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32673-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by rivka
    Thanks
    June
    You can make one yourself at a fraction of the cost of buying one (and assuming either you or someone in your family is handy):

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32673-1.htm
    My fil made mine as a gift, I could never buy one pre made and hurt his feelings.

Blog Entries
    http://home-solutions.hsn.com/homz-r...=4525&ocm=4525|hw&prev=hp!4525&ccm=4525|hw

Is it good for quilting?
    It's reduced for a reason. If you read the critiques, I would say to save your money. It looks to me like too many mechanisms to go wrong. I would say the simpler the better. I won't buy anything from any of those TV shopping shows. It is all a rip off.

June ~ Have you heard of the Big Board? I love mine. I figured that 90% of the time my standard sized ironing board is sufficient, so why take up extra space in my little sewing room by having a huge ironing board? I keep the Big Board on the floor directly next to my ironing board .... when I need it, I just pop it over my standard board. I have also found a dual purpose for the Big Board, since I pin baste my quilts on it using the Harriet Hargrave method of pin basting. No more back breaking ordeal crawling all over the floor. If some pins "nick' the Big Board wood, it is no big deal. They sell the Big Board online. Pricey ($100), but they do not charge shipping. It is made of sturdy wood and will hold up until I'm "pushing daisies". Might need to purchase another cover at some time, but that is no big deal. I could probably sew one if I put my mind to it!

Is it good for quilting?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast