Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have the original Grace Machine Quilter frame? >

Does anyone have the original Grace Machine Quilter frame?

Does anyone have the original Grace Machine Quilter frame?

Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 AM

I, too have the original Grace frame - from a friend. It has 2 black tracks that are continuous, but I still have the black plastic carriage. For the most part it does a great job, but I have trouble with smaller curves. Sometimes my curves/circles get squared off. It almost feels like the carriage gets stuck for a stitch and I am not in control of it for a second. I choose my quilting designs around the little problem. It sounds like some of you are saying that the wooden carriage works better. My DH has been trying to come up with a way to smooth out my system. I may need to start a new thread, but if anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:21 AM

Crumb..... I got really excited about this new upgrade when I went to look at it http://www.kathyquilts.com/Grace-Pro...-Carriage.html
Until I read the part where it will not fit on the Little Gracie frame which is what I think I have. Measure how far apart your tracks are. Mine are 22" and it will only fit if they are 21" and smaller.

Carole
Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM

I would contact Gracie; they have great support and maybe able to give advice to make your exisiting from work better. A few yrs ago I bought a frame from a LQS used and they were supposed to send me the documentation but never did. I contacted Gracie; they asked me the LQS name and the next week I got the documents in the mail from the LQS. The LQS represents Gracie and they don't want anyone disappointed.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:50 PM

I don't have a frame yet but do a lot of reading about them. :-) Join the yahoo grace frame group and do a search for this problem. One solution was buying inexpensive stainless steel rods and laying them in the groove where the old track was. Since I don't have a frame it was hard for me to visualize all this, but those having troubles with the old track seemed very pleased with this modification. I hope to find a used frame at the right price someday and had this "filed" away.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:06 AM

Default Replacement Tracks

Originally Posted by Rose L View Post
I too have the original GMQ. I up graded my carriage and got the best deal at allbrands.com . $99/ free shipping. I clean my tracks, wheels and sensors with an alcohol cotton ball before each use. I do have issues with the old track system only because the tracks are in pieces. New full size tracks are not available. When I hit one of the "cracks" my stitching is thrown off quite a bit. I wasn't aware that the new tracks would work on the old system. Please PM me and let me know if you upgrade and it helps! I don't check in here often enough and would otherwise probably miss your post. I have a 17" machine on my frame.
I contacted the Grace Company and they no longer have replacement tracks for the original GMQ.