Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does Anyone Have a Pfaff sewing machine?

Does Anyone Have a Pfaff sewing machine?

I've been looking to upgrade my traditional sewing machine and had a Pfaff about 15 years ago. Loved it and then am wondering if anyone has one of the newer models and how they like it now.

"Making a Quilt and not showing it is like writing a song and not singing it..."

I don't have a Pfaff sewing machine but my friend has had two - one from years ago (1980's) that she still uses sometimes and a newer Creative Sensation 4.0. She loves both of them.
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

I have a Pfaff 7550 and a Creative Sensation Pro. Love them both!! I have a fantastic dealer who keeps me up to date on the newest things that Pfaff has to offer. I love my Pfaff!

I have a Pfaff Expression 2.0. It is 7 years old. I guess that isn't one of the newer models, but I love it. Can't go wrong with Pfaff.

Dina

I have a Pfaff C.V. 5.0 upgraded to a 5.5!
    I love this machine.
    I use it mostly for piecing but love the embroidery.
    I thought it was dying this week with the mystery quilt but after updating, it seems to be working well.
    I am looking for a replacement, as in another Pfaff on Offer Up and Craigs list.
    The Creative Sensation seems to be a great machine as well.
    Hope this helps.
    Kirsten
    I try and be as good of a human as my dogs think I am.

I have one of the 7500 series, and I love it! It's not new, but a real work horse!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    I have a 2 yr old Pfaff 4.2 Quilt Expression which I love love love. It has a built in walking foot call an IDT system. Talk to your dealer or go on line to Pfaff.com.
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

I have an older Pfaff Quilt Expression and I do like the IDT on it, also it has been a good all around machine and I havent had any trouble with it in 15 years. I also have several other machines, Bernina, Janome and some vintage Singers.
    Sandra

I have one of their more basic machines - the Ambition Essential. I love it for piecing. I could never get a consistent 1/4 inch seam with my much more expensive Janome. I have no problem with the Pfaff. I just finished making 140 9-patch units. With the IDT system, very seam nested perfectly.

I have the Pfaff CS and have had no trouble I think it is about 5 years old!!!

I own three... the first one I bought in 1998 and it remains a reliable work horse to this day (Creative 1475).
    Second, Quilt Expression 4.2 (wanted an upgrade and I love it)
    Third, Passport 3.0 (small, lightweight & used for classes/workshops).
    I just can't seem to part with any of them. I'm a loyal Pfaff owner. You can't go wrong. Good luck with your purchase.

Blog Entries
    I have a Pfaff Expressions 3.0 and love it.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

I have a Pfaff 7570 which I love. Bought it about 1995 and have never had a problem with it. Then bought a Bernina Artista 180, and a Baby Lock Elegante, which I've had problems with. But a few months ago bought another Pfaff Performance 5.0, which I love. I think Pfaff machines are the best!

I have a Pfaff Creative 1.5 and love it.

I have 5 and love them! I've been a Pfaff girl for 40 years.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Quote Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
    I have a 2 yr old Pfaff 4.2 Quilt Expression which I love love love. It has a built in walking foot call an IDT system. Talk to your dealer or go on line to Pfaff.com.
    I have the same machine and love it. It has never needed any repairs.

"Be brave enough to be who you really are.

Six months ago I purchased a Pfaff 4.2 Quilt Expression. I really like it. I have a very old Pfaff (1970's) and always loved the smoothness and quietness. The new one makes more noise (only disappointment). I also have a Babylock Esante and Melody. Also like both of these but would definitely choose Pfaff over Babylock.

Blog Entries
    I have had 3 pfaffs..LOVED THEM ALL! I know own a "big bucks" Bernina...wish I had just gotten another Pfaff....Perfectly straight stitching...best 1/4 inch seam....I went back and bought a 7500 series...and it is just a great little mechine...doesn't have all the bells and whistles...but then again...I don't use those other stitches...more than one a year!

We currently have 3 Pfaffs: a new 2038 was our first purchase, a used 1475CD came next, then we bought a Grandquilter 1200 with a frame, which we have since sold, and lastly, we bought a new Creative 3.0. All have been excellent machines and we would purchase them again in the same circumstance and budget. You can't beat the IDT for accuracy and the machines just work. We are strictly quilters. No garments, embroidery, etc., though my wife does want to start using the embroidery module on her Creative.

Edited to add: when my wife wanted to buy the Creative, I had my doubts about it because all the other machines were purchased when Pfaff was German owned and European manufactured. She had her heart set on this machine, though, so we did buy it, even though it was made in China. It has not seen heavy use, but has performed as well as our other machines since we took it out of the box.
    Last edited by wesing; 12-23-2017 at 02:19 PM.