Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone have a sewing machine tote with wheels

Have you considered buying an inexpensive luggage cart and just putting your current bag onto that? I have a luggage cart that I've used a lot bringing stuff to classes; I just pile on the various bags and bungee them on, has never created a problem. I got mine for around $20-$25.

The first question to ask is how heavy is the machine that you are wheeling around? I know 3 ladies who had Berninas (25 lbs) and the Joann's tote broke. Seems that they are more designed for sergers or sewing machines that are 20 lbs or less. I would buy the one that my Bernina dealer sells (padded, great wheels), but the patterns are UGLY IMHO and I just can't keep hauling my Bernina up and down stairs (exhausting). So, instead, I'll just haul around my Brother to classes until I sell or trade it in for a Janome Gem Gold.

I have a Janome 6600 and I don't think it'll fit into the Joann's case. I've been meaning to go to the local Ross (discount clothing store) and check their rolling luggage to see if I can find something cheap and workable there. Might be a good place to check, if they have Ross or similar stores in your area? Sometimes I see rolling luggage at thrift stores, too. Would be fun to find a kind of retro hard-case suitcase on wheels...

Blog Entries
    One problem with not liking your wheeled case is most are not designed for sewing machines. Most rolling carts for clothes or scrapbooking offer no more protection then a cardboard box. All it took was one of my machines to have the spool spindle break off when the cart I was using turned over. It broke from the housing so not repairable. It was not an expensive machine but one I really liked to take to classes. I have the Tutto wheeled case and it's perfect. It protects the machine and rolls freely. There are several options for different weights of machine. If you have an expensive machine or a machine that is irreplaceable or just your favorite, then you why bother with totes that are not made for them? I have found several on ebay and one at an estate sale. Bernina has quality machine cases too. http://www.tuttocases.com/machineonwheels.html
    Got fabric?

I have several friends who fly with their sewing machines, and they use the rolling coolers found at Walmart for about $30.00 to tote their machines. A little heavy, but better protection for the machine. Hope this helps!
    Michelle Guadarrama

I spent so much on my machine, I spent about 125 on my tote but I've had it for 7 or 8 years, and it's been a work horse why skimp on protecting your machine...

I bought mine at Overstock.com....which I think is known by another name now, but I got it for a really good price...which I don't remember. I needed a slightly larger size than Hancock's had, but there were several choices at that site. Wish I knew its new name.

Dina

I have a couple of Tutto's for my machines. They are pricey, but very sturdy and can be used as luggage as well. My previous QS owner takes her FW with her in a Tutto and says the machine is well protected.

Nancy's Notions has them for both sewing and serger machines for $24.95. My DD bought me one from JoAnn's when it was on sale.
    Kathy Osterby

Quote Originally Posted by scoutersmom View Post
    I bought a tool bag with wheels from Harbor Freight Tools. It cost about $20 or so. Attachment 350275
    Sorry, I guess I don't know how to put pictures or websites. I'm computer challenged. Anyway, you could go to the Harbor Freight website and look at item # 3264. I have several of these to put my machines in.
    I use one of these that I bought at Home Depot or Loews.

I have a tutto bag and love it. Been using it for more than 8 years and it truly is as good as new. I recently bought a super cute Totes brand bag the same color (lime green) it's like 12x8x8 and has the little strap on the back the slides over the pull handle. Super Awesome! Love my tutto!!

I bought my rolling tote at Hobby Lobby about 3 years ago. It is sturdy and I have not had any problems with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2