Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does anyone know about longarm dead bars >

does anyone know about longarm dead bars

does anyone know about longarm dead bars

Old 09-24-2015, 07:35 AM

Default does anyone know about longarm dead bars

I have a Grace Pinnacle longarm frame and am wanting to add a dead bar to it. Has anyone done this? Or does anyone know of a site where I can find out how or if it can be done? Have checked out Youtube, my usual go to place but can't find anything there, also have Googled it and can't find any relative info there. After Youtube, I always come here. So many knowledgeable people on this board. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

I have a dead bar on my frame but I use an Innova and their frames are set up with one and designed to be highly versatile and geared to customization. they are like an erector set.

I just downloaded the assembly instructions for the Pinnacle frame and I don't see any way to attach a dead bar but it is very difficult to tell from schematic drawings. I would highly recommend contacting the Grace company directly to see if this option is even feasible for this frame. Not all quilting frames can accommodate a dead bar.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

Definitely contact the Grace company to ask. I could not find any examples of a Grace Pinnacle frame with a dead bar on the net.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:17 AM

My 1st frame was a Grace Pro frame made of wood. I wanted a deadbar for mine but never could figure out how to add one. I also have an Innova frame now and because it came with a deadbar.

Checked out how the Pinnacle frame is made and I don't see any way to add a deadbar. On the Grace Pro I think I could have drilled some holes for screws to go thru to attach a conduit pole but once I moved to Iowa it wasn't much afterward that's I moved up to the Innova system.