Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone know about????

Candace, the photo insert isn't working for me. If you click on www.sewingmates.com and scroll down the page you'll see a photo on the right side showing the front corner of a table. It also shows the leg which has non-skid, non-scratch rubber feet and is grooved in 1/8" increments for height adjustments. The other photo on the left shows how all of the tables will convert to L-shape to fit an extra wide machine. I love your questions!

Do-It-Yourself Extension Tables

For you-do-it-yourselfers out there who are very good at finding ways to save money, sewingmates.com is going to offer our quality adjustable table-tops for a low price and you can add your own legs, or purchase an inexpensive dowel and foot from us which you would cut to size. Does this sound like a good option? For an even lower price, we will offer an acrylic blank with holes drilled for legs and a slot for the machine, you or DH can finish the cut-out to fit your machine and add legs of your choice. The edges of the blank would have our quality finishing with rounded corners and polished edges to provide a smooth surface for your fabric.
    Our original heavy-duty adjustable legs add a significant cost to the tables because of the special manufacturing process but they could be purchased and added at any time to the adjustable table-tops.
    I'm interested in feedback if you have any comments. We would love for everyone to enjoy the advantage of an extension table and see what a difference it makes!

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    I bought one and two of the legs broke off. I went back to the LQS where I bought it to order two legs and they said that they don't make them anymore. Well, I tried using books instead of legs, but it didn't really work very well, so it's also sitting in my sewing room collecting dust. I'm just doing without. My husband wouldn't know how to make a plexiglass table and put legs on it. He started working for the railroad when he was 18 and never learned how to do any carpentry of any kind. When you work for the railroad, that's all you do. You work away from home for 1-2 days, then home for less than a day and back to work again. Sure wish I could take a carpentry class somewhere. They don't offer them in my town. I think I would love it!
    I made one and just measured fat dowels that I cut. Slide it on slide the dowels under and poof.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2