Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know name of this pattern.

Does anyone know name of this pattern.

I was hoping that somebody might know if this is a pattern or if it's in a book. I found the picture here

http://www.pieceandquilt.com/search?...max-results=50.

There are two different color ways and she is also asking for name of pattern. Which I hope someone know and I will share the info. Thanks all for your help.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-13-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: remove copyright image

That is a really pretty quilt. It sounds like she quilted it for a client, so I wonder why she didn't just ask her about the pattern.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

I don't know the name of this quilt, but I really like it. It looks relatively easy to piece together. I was thinking the same thing-- why not ask the client? Keep us posted!
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    That is a really pretty quilt. It sounds like she quilted it for a client, so I wonder why she didn't just ask her about the pattern.
    I know that's what I thought, but sometimes from personal experience, some people don't like sharing. They say they don't remember or they will look and get back to you.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Looked at the close up photo and drew the pattern. Going to check further!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Some just don't like to share. Afraid of not getting credit. I am always more than happy to give credit due.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckySt View Post
    I know that's what I thought, but sometimes from personal experience, some people don't like sharing. They say they don't remember or they will look and get back to you.

Blog Entries
    very pretty, I found an interlocking chevron one for free that is similar http://www.ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk/f...uilt-patterns/

The only area that is complicate is to get the dark strip width to match the piece half triangle. Did you take any measurements of the quilt???
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by BeckySt View Post
    Hummmmmmmmmm, why wouldn't a quilter share the name of a pattern? the pattern itself is easy enough to copy, so why be secretive about the name?
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Could it be that the other person also saw the picture, not the actual quilt, and wanted to know the name of the pattern? Just curious.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Sorry, I was wrong. I didn't read the blog before opening my mouth!
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Maybe the maker designed the pattern herself and isn't ready to share it. I design most of my quilts and I'm willing to share some, but not all. If you can figure it out yourself I'm happy to share it so that you don't have to go to the trouble. If it's something complicated that I put a lot of time and effort into I'd rather keep my pattern to myself until I've made as many as I'm going to make. And then I'd have to go to the trouble of patterning the quilt.

Just wondering: if the quilter didn't want to share the pattern, would she have given permission to the person who quilted it for her, to put it on internet?

Blog Entries
    it can be drawn out fairly easily. strip cuts and hst's. I like figuring things like that out. Go for it.

like this pattern as well, hopefully someone will find the name of it.
    Amythyst

very nice quilt!! It would be very nice to know the pattern name!

Is it Cross and Crown. Every pattern has at least two names, I think.

I really love this quilt. It looks complicated but seems to be an easy piece too. Let us know the name and directions, please!

Power Poster
    Don't know the name but it sure is pretty...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Sibert View Post
    Is it Cross and Crown. Every pattern has at least two names, I think.
    Hmmmm I disagree. This is the Cross and Crown block I see in my head, and when I googled that name, this is also what came up.

Name:  cross and crown.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  6.3 KB

Same goes for quilter's cache. http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CrossandCrownBlock.html

The OP's link definitely shows some pieces that are intertwined, like a chain.
    Last edited by Peckish; 11-14-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Is it the Woven Ribbons?
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
    Maria Robinson

I am so excited by my new abilities which are pretty slim in EQ. After starting on the Pieced Drawing book by Patti Anderson and only having gone through most of chapter 1, I was able to draw this pattern out. Whoo Hoo!!!!

I drew it out in an 8 in block and came up with 2 blocks set on point that make up this pattern. I didn't try to design the whole quilt to the outside setting triangles....a little bit beyond my capability right now. So is turning the quilt to make it on point....so just imagine this at a tilt. haha

This is what I came up with. Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Wow Barb! That's fantastic. I also liked the block setup and had sketched it on paper but yours is so much easier to understand. I have been toying with asking Santa for EQ. Hmmmm just might now.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
    Wow Barb! That's fantastic. I also liked the block setup and had sketched it on paper but yours is so much easier to understand. I have been toying with asking Santa for EQ. Hmmmm just might now.
    Glad you like it. The manual for EQ has so much info in it that I would get confused as I jumped around trying to study what I thought I needed to know. I did all the lessons in the EQ7 program and still wasn't really getting it. This book, Pieced Drawing Exercises in Pieced Block Design in EQ7 by Patti Anderson is really helping me. There's probably 2 more bocks that need to be drawn to make the side blocks that finish out the pattern. Maybe I'll figure that out later today.

So often I have seen a quilt that I liked & just didn't know name or the blocks that created the quilt. Now that I'm developing my skills, I know that I will be able to recreate just about any of them. It is a great program. I will say that I have never used any of the others, so can't comment on whether this is the best or not. But, as you can tell, I LIKE it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
    I just noticed that the way I drew it would cause a lot of Y seams. I am going to redo the square in a square to have long legs on each side so that the center is the only one with seams. SOOOO much to learn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast