Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does anyone know

I have an older Viking 230 and have lost the manual. I have found manuals to buy on-line, until I get it, does anyone know if I can drop the feed dogs on this model? The newer machines have a lever, but this one does not. Thanks so much for the help.

Based on what little information I was able to gather off the internet, you can lower the feed dogs on the Viking 230. There should be a 'Drop Feed Dogs' setting on the stitch length knob. Possibly just setting the stitch length to zero or beyond zero.

Try going on the Viking Web site, they have a contact us button!

Quote Originally Posted by mytwopals
    Based on what little information I was able to gather off the internet, you can lower the feed dogs on the Viking 230. There should be a 'Drop Feed Dogs' setting on the stitch length knob. Possibly just setting the stitch length to zero or beyond zero.
    That does it!!! Thank you so much for taking your time and looking this up for me. This has to be the best board ever.