Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: doll bed quilt

I went into our church nursery today to see if they could use baby quilts or doll quilts. Naturally they said yes. The teacher showed me this doll bunk bed that she would love to have a cover made for. The bed is 14inches by 22 inches. I would love ideas for what kinds of quilts I could make.

Janie

You can do almost any quilt in miniature, just resize the pattern. I did an attic windows in dollhouse scale once. Of course I hand pieced it.

Blog Entries
    Look this up. It is 2011 September Doll Quilt Swap. Scroll from the last page forward and you will see lots of possibilities. Most of these quilts run anywhere between 12" x 12" up to 24" x 24".

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-146847-45.htm#4292569

If you want even more inspiration, there have been doll quilt swaps going for over two years each month. I think if you do a search on 'doll quilt swap' you will come up with tons of inspiration. You might be feel like joining in on October's swap. There is still time to sign up!

Blog Entries
    you can do anything! There are some books out that have patterns that you can make with scraps and FQs. :)