Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Don't you love it when >

Don't you love it when

Don't you love it when

Old 01-04-2014, 02:49 PM

It happens all the time here!! I was looking for something the other day and found the pattern I was looking for a month ago. It helps me to organize a little bit here and a little bit there -- I will find some thread then go on a mission looking for all the thread I have stashed here and there. Then I put them all in one place so next time it isn't quite so hard to find what I need.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:00 PM

Been there, done that...more than once in fact.

Anita
Old 01-04-2014, 03:46 PM

So if I start cleaning up stuff, do you think I will find my mind??!! I seem to have lost it somewhere!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
So if I start cleaning up stuff, do you think I will find my mind??!! I seem to have lost it somewhere!
LOL! if you find yours please send mine back to me........
Old 01-04-2014, 04:09 PM

so fun to find forgotten treasures...so frustrating if you really need it and can't find it.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

I think it would be worth it for me to have a security camera in my sewing room. I could replay the video to find out what happened to items I can't find. I bought a new shawl in Nov. and know I put the package on my cutting table. My plan was to remove the price tag and and secure a shawl pin on it. I haven't found the package or shawl since.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:52 PM

This gives me hope that I might eventually find the nightgown pattern I bought for my granddaughter! I searched and searched for just the right one,finally found it, bought it, put it away for safekeeping, and ...
Old 01-04-2014, 06:14 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I have a kit that has to do with 'Sea' and I told my dear friend from this board about it. I saw it recently when I told her. She asked me the name of it. I went to where I thought I saw it and looked through all the drawers and it wasn't there. Now I need to get on my hands and knees and dig under my long tables and look through my plastic tubs for the kit. I know I'll get on my knees and open one tub and say "It's not here" and stand up and give up on finding it. It's probably not under the tables anyway. It's probably somewhere that I would never think it would be. I'll find it in a year or two, but not when I'm looking for it. Never when I'm looking for it!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:35 PM

When my family visits my grandsons sleep on the floor of the sewing room. So I have to put things away before they come. Several YEARS ago I was picking up the room, and remember putting my serger instruction manual somewhere that it did not belong. But, I rationalized that it would only be for a few days, and then I could put the book away where it belongs. I haven't seen it since, and finally bought another copy.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:51 PM

I found a 6"x24" ruler that I bought in 1992 or '93 when I made my first quilt and had forgotten about. It was in a large bin in the garage attic. Of course, I'd purchased another a few years ago...