Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Double Wedding Ring Picture Needed

Not sure where to post this. I need a photo of a Double Wedding Ring quilt for possible use on the back cover of my novel. Does anyone have a quilt you could photo for me? You can message me if you prefer.

How about these?

Grandmother's Fan from scraps
    Name:  Attachment-103559.jpe
Views: 55
Size:  80.5 KB

Grandmother's Fan quilted with gold metalic thread
    Name:  Attachment-103560.jpe
Views: 58
Size:  68.0 KB

This was made by my great-grandmother about 100 years ago, all hand pieced and hand quilted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry I miss understood what I was reading and sent the wrong thing. I guess it's time to quit for the night.

Beautiful quilts, ladies.
    Farm Quilter, your great grandmother's work is a treasure. I'll see what my designer thinks about this picture. Thanks for sending it. Love the horse avatar. You'll love the setting of my novel.

The fans are very nice, Sewingyankee, but this theme needs a double wedding ring. I'm doing 5 books if all goes as planned. I might a fan later. I love the colors.

That is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
    This was made by my great-grandmother about 100 years ago, all hand pieced and hand quilted.

If you would like a different kind of picture of the DWR, just let me know and I'll get it for you! I have 2 DWR quilts my great-grandmother made at the same time, using the same materials. Both have been loved through the years, but now I only use them for display.

I love my horse, he's my buddy and when I'm not quilting, I enjoy riding him.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt-Writer
    Not sure where to post this. I need a photo of a Double Wedding Ring quilt for possible use on the back cover of my novel. Does anyone have a quilt you could photo for me? You can message me if you prefer.
    What kind of novel?

here are a few I made

I write Contemporary Inspirational Romance. Grow Old With Me is set in an old west tourist town in NC. Beauty and the Beast meet in their mid-fifties would be a description of the book. I'm doing a series on various aspects of quilting and the quilt barn squares. I'm updating my website but I'll try to put some cover copy there. www.melindaevaul.com
    This is the first in that series. My heroine's mom made quilts so each room in the bed and breakfast has a different pattern. The disfigured carpenter in the book stays in the Carpenter's Wheel room. That quilt is on the novel cover. [email protected] is the email to order a book. It should be ready by Thanksgiving. At least that's our goal.

Those are 2 lovely quilts. It's not an easy pattern to make.
    I need the picture for the back cover under the written copy or draped across one corner of the back of the book. I'll send these to my designer and see what she thinks. I appreciate the pictures.

How about these? Let me know the drape, and I'll see if I can't make it work, even if I have to drape it over the fence and get the horses in the picture!

Farm Quilter, Those look promising to me. I'll send them to my cover designer. Thanks for sending. I'll let you know if she has a special request. It certainly is a beautiful quilt. It's close to what I had in mind.

Blog Entries
    I've just got a kindle, will your book be available on that? Please? Pretty please?

I'm hoping to loaded to Kindle and Nook eventually. At this moment, I'm paperback planning. Those e-books will come. No set date yet for them. I'd love to get it all released at the same time. We're rushing to get the book done by Thanksgiving so I'll have to see about the time frame. Have to see how things progress.