Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: double wedding ring quilt

Hi Out There
    I have always wanted to do a double wedding ring quilt, but too lazy too do it the normal way. Have been told that you can do it by appilque. Does anyone know how to do this ;)

Blog Entries
    I don't know the applique method, but there are several ways to do that pattern other than the old style of piecing. I think I saw a really easy way to do it on an old Simply Quilts show.

Eleanor Burns included an applique double wedding ring block in her Egg Money Quilts book.

I have one>>>>>>>>>Somewhere You will have to give me a couple days :lol: to find it. Don't remember if it was in a magazine or a book. Will look hard tomorrow for it. Let you know. But there is one and I do have the pattern. Bill'sBonBon

Power Poster
    John Flynn had a way of doing it that was supposed to be easier.

I haven't made ANY double wedding ring quilts, so can't really offer any useful info.

Except for this: Make sure your pattern is accurate.
    Cut accurately.
    Sew accurately.

The pieces will go together better then.

I know that sounds so elementary, but sometimes the basics are overlooked.

Honestly, it's not that hard to piece. I was surprised.

Quiltsmart has a very easy piecing method and it does involve applique of sorts--all done by machine. Check out their website quiltsmart.com.
    Kathy

Here's one that's appliqued...tried to find a free pattern site for you but couldn't.

http://www.winnowing.com/patterns.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok I found one, Knew I saw it somewhere, it is in the 2004 The Quilter Magazine 15th Anniversary Issue. It is called Bands of color by Carolyn Halt. How to get it to you. :D I have never used the adobe, I can learn. or I can scan it and send it to you snail mail. Let me know. It is not pieced. The bands are one whole piece making the arks. Then appliqued on.

Bill'sBonBon

Thank You. Could you please scan it and send it to me. Let me know if you need my email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
    ok I found one, Knew I saw it somewhere, it is in the 2004 The Quilter Magazine 15th Anniversary Issue. It is called Bands of color by Carolyn Halt. How to get it to you. :D I have never used the adobe, I can learn. or I can scan it and send it to you snail mail. Let me know. It is not pieced. The bands are one whole piece making the arks. Then appliqued on.

Bill'sBonBon
    I sure wish I could see the pattern....I'm interested in seeing how that quilt is put together but wouldn't it waste a lot of fabric by cutting the bands in one piece?

Quote Originally Posted by auntluc
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon

Bill'sBonBon
    I sure wish I could see the pattern....I'm interested in seeing how that quilt is put together but wouldn't it waste a lot of fabric by cutting the bands in one piece?
    I don't really know never made a wedding ring quilt before. My sister made one. She used one piece instead of piecing it but she did not applique it she sewed it the usual way. I will do my best to scan do it so anyone can get it.I have to go finnish Sunday Dinner will get back on as soon as I can to scan and send.
    Bill'BonBon

[quote=Nanna glynnis]Hi Out There
    I have always wanted to do a double wedding ring quilt, but too lazy too do it the normal way. Have been told that you can do it by appilque. Does anyone know how to do this ;) [/quote
    I don't have a program to make pdf files and can't find a free one. So I scanned the picture of the quilt and I scanned the directions. So If you right click on the picture you click on save as and save it on yourhard drive in My pictures and you can zoom it and read. Or if that doesn't work, would someone tell me how to do it PLEASE!!
    Bill'sBonBon

***Note From Patrice*** I had to delete the scanned image of the pattern. it's copyrighted material. i left the image of the finished quilt so you'd know what to look for when trying to buy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is not applique but could be adapted. It has great clear directions and its all free :wink:

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/legac...ern/index.html

There is a way to do it with interfacing and applique. Sounds so much easier.