Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Double Wedding Ring Quilt

Double Wedding Ring Quilt

Anyone have an easy to do pattern for making the quilt above? Would love to c the different ways to make it without being hard pattern to follow. Tk.u all.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Go to www.quiltinaday.com and look at the video for double wedding ring under the Egg Money Quilts section. I just did one with this method and it was pretty easy and looks great. I'm no expert by any means so if I can do it with this method, anyone can!

Tks. lisa will check it out, I am not a expert quilter but love the look and gran-daughter wanted quilt done in nothing but burgundy, white, mauve and cream fabric..Have fabric washed and iron ready to go just want simple way of making the DWR.

Blog Entries
    The pattern Rings that Bind is very easy. You make one block at a time with batting and backing and join the blocks as you go. It takes a lot of fabric but super easy. Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfifwcg8IJ4
    Got fabric?

Here is a pattern for paper piecing http://www.freespiritfabric.com/grap...erys/t97_1.pdf
    Labug

E. Burns from Quilt in a Day has a ruler that you cut your pieces for the wedding ring fabric. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    The pattern Rings that Bind is very easy. You make one block at a time with batting and backing and join the blocks as you go. It takes a lot of fabric but super easy. Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfifwcg8IJ4

I saw this method demo'd at a quilt show and it looked really easy. They sewed strips of fabric together then cut the arches. You didn't have to sew little pieces together to make it fit the arch. It looked easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
    Go to www.quiltinaday.com and look at the video for double wedding ring under the Egg Money Quilts section. I just did one with this method and it was pretty easy and looks great. I'm no expert by any means so if I can do it with this method, anyone can!
    Loved this video. Certainly looks much easier than any other Double Wedding Ring quilt that I've seen before.

Gay
    Blog Entries
    Check out the video on youtube - double wedding ring quilt with Kaye Wood. This is the Rings That Bind tutorial and seems a much easier method than the old way. No trying to fit those curves together, and the blocks are quilted before sewing together. This is a must do on my list and with 2 grand-daughters and a great GD [so far] I guess I'll be making several.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
    Glad to see your post, and that your found the DWR pretty easy. I just purchased the Egg Money Quilts book, and plan to do it soon. I am just going to use the pattern for DWR. not the sampler. Did you do the sampler? I am loving the book!!