Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dream quilting place >

Dream quilting place

Dream quilting place

Old 08-17-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by JillianMarie
I have always dreamed of having a quilting cottage on the coast somewhere in Ireland, small and cozy with a fireplace, a wall of windows on one side facing the ocean and another wall of windows facing the hills of Ireland.
Sounds wonderful. Even better than mine.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:55 AM

"in the woods somewhere with plenty of property so my nearest neighbor is miles away"
Damaquilts, I wish you and I could have traded places for awhile, back when.
I have what you describe, but it could get very lonely. I really enjoy people around me.
Now that my kids are grown and have built houses on what used to be our "front forty" it is no longer as lonely as it used to be.
I did spend a lot of hours making trails with my DR brush mower so we can all enjoy the property so much more.
I get a kick out of riding along the river's edge, while visiting with people going downstream in their canoes.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:23 AM

I think you read my mind. I have never lived in New England, but have visited...and thought it would be wonderful...large quilting studio with large windows looking out over a beautiful snowy pasture. Wow!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:23 AM

Joyce, everyone loves different places. I live 4 blocks from the center of a small town. I can go days without seeing people only because I want to. I would go weeks if it were up to me. I worked retail for years and was married to a sales rep for a trucking company and had to entertain his customers. Not my favorite thing. Did the whole Girl Scout, volunteer at school thing when my kids were small. I am not a people person and enjoy my own company and peace and quiet.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:41 AM

You just described it, but move it to Maine!

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
I grew up in New England but have lived in TX since "82 (because of husband's job). I dream of a place in VT or NH in the woods (but not too far from a fabric store) with a huge room for my quilting with one wall all windows beside a babbling brook. Of course, the room would have to have a fireplace, too.
What's your dream quilting place?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:10 PM

I currently live in my dream quilting place. We changed rooms around when our son left to start his career so now I have a front room with a view of about 10 miles or more from the top of this ridge, love it.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 PM

Now THAT'S living!!!!! I am in Bar Harbor

Originally Posted by Roberta
I currently live in my dream quilting place. We changed rooms around when our son left to start his career so now I have a front room with a view of about 10 miles or more from the top of this ridge, love it.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:31 PM

My dream quilting place is a house on the beach off the California coast, listening to the sounds of the waves and the gulls; the smell of the salty breeze. AAAHHH my idea of paradise. Of course my beach would be private with no noisy cars or people.
I moved to central Texas 16 years ago, because my DH had inherited a house and it was free.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:36 PM

My dream place would be Fulton Or Rockport with a house on the beach or bay. I would also say South Padre Island it is right next to Brownsville but I'm not sure of how many quilts shops are there. I know the other 2 are close to Corpus Christie & all 3 places have good quilt shops. All are in Texas.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
I grew up in New England but have lived in TX since "82 (because of husband's job). I dream of a place in VT or NH in the woods (but not too far from a fabric store) with a huge room for my quilting with one wall all windows beside a babbling brook. Of course, the room would have to have a fireplace, too.
What's your dream quilting place?
You must have been reading my mind. This is also my dream quilting place.