Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dress a paper doll quilt or dress a doll quilt..looking for pattern >

Dress a paper doll quilt or dress a doll quilt..looking for pattern

Dress a paper doll quilt or dress a doll quilt..looking for pattern

Old 05-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Prism99.. yes this is the quilt I saw a while ago but couldn't find it again, I thought that she was selling the pattern but guess not. Thank you so much for all your hard work looking for this..

Would I be in trouble with the quilt police or someone else if I would draw a dolly, and put it on a small quilt and then made the clothes for it. Would be the same idea but not the same dolly as hers...Thank you for your help
Old 05-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
Prism99.. yes this is the quilt I saw a while ago but couldn't find it again, I thought that she was selling the pattern but guess not. Thank you so much for all your hard work looking for this..

Would I be in trouble with the quilt police or someone else if I would draw a dolly, and put it on a small quilt and then made the clothes for it. Would be the same idea but not the same dolly as hers...Thank you for your help
It's absolutely fine to do that!
Old 07-29-2016, 01:34 PM

quiltlady1941, did you make the paper doll quilt and clothes? If yes, did you make a pattern? I'm looking for patterns for one of those quilts and clothes. I found one, but now that I've seen your post, I wonder what you came up with.
Thanks!
Old 11-03-2016, 08:23 AM

I made a Dress the Dolly quilt for my granddaughter. I still have to make the clothes so I can give this to her for Christmas. I hand-drew the doll on wide white paper that I had (on a roll) from a different project. I purchased wide Velcro and used it to make underwear which I stitched onto the doll. I bought it online after doing a Google search. I used felt for hair and shoes.
My current dilemma is trying to figure out how to finish the edges and of the clothes since I don't have a serger. I guess I can hem them on my sewing machine and make some things out of felt which wouldn't require hemming.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 11-03-2016, 08:29 AM

The doll body and eyes are also felt.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Here is a link to another member who made one:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...w-t250375.html
Old 11-03-2016, 09:58 AM

A few more things...This quilt is 36" X 48", and the doll is 24". I
snapped that picture when the Velcro underwear was just pinned, not sewed,
so in the final quilt, I moved the undershirt up on the body. The socks are velcro
so pant legs can attach. I also put Velcro on her hair and wrists (for long sleeves
and bracelets, watches, small purses). The quilt back is that paisley that I used
for a border, and I included a hanging sleeve. It is quilted very simply (not dense).

I plan to begin the clothes in the next few days. My husband thought I could try
Fray Check or a similar glue-like product on the raw edges, but I don't know how well
it will hold up. I think hemming is the only answer unless the Quilter's on this board
have other ideas.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:25 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

There is a pattern on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4709812..._listing-other
Old 11-03-2016, 11:29 PM

looks like a real fun quilt to make, and play with. Like the pocket on the back to hold all the clothes
Old 04-01-2017, 05:04 PM

I just found this and am in the process of making my own doll. Did you ever find out how to finish off the back? Is the doll made out of cotton or felt? My mind just won't get around how to do it.