Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dressmaker machine

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dressmaker machine

While my hubby was a OTR truck driver he brought this machine home to me. I cleaned and oiled it. It sews beautiful but fast is there a way to slow it down?
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White. Many many more.
    Debbie

Name of machine and maybe a picture would help

By the looks of a Google Search, your Dressmaker machine is probably a vintage one? There are a few suggestions on Google when I searched for "how to slow down a vintage sewing machine speed" maybe try that.

There is a section of this Board that also may have more suggestions for you, if I am correct in the age of your machine. https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...thusiasts-f22/

I use to put a stopper in the foot control pedal so the kids couldn't push it down to full speed when they wanted to sew.

I had trouble with my machine one time and it would go so fast that I had to turn it off to make it stop. I took it to the lqs and they changed out the foot pedal and that solved the problem. Nice hubby-he was thinking of you. Good luck to you-it may be a simple fix

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dressmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day View Post
    While my hubby was a OTR truck driver he brought this machine home to me. I cleaned and oiled it. It sews beautiful but fast is there a way to slow it down?
    Model#366 serial#15424.

I had a dressmaker machine in the mid 70s. I sewed all of my clothes on it items for my mom and sister later made baby quilts for my son. I finally wore it out. Great memories with that machine. I loved it. Oh I always sewed really fast.

There should be a potentiometer inside the foot control that you can adjust. Wish I could remember what it looks like inside...
    Annette in Utah