Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Driving from TN to FL Keys

Driving from TN to FL Keys

I will be driving from the Knoxville, TN area to the Florida Keys in July. I'd like to break up the trip (14+ hours) with some good quilt shop stops. Please help me find some good ones! Thank you

If you take a wrong turn and end up in Louisiana come to Baton Rouge. Foods great, people are friendly and lots of plantation homes to see. Hugs

Blog Entries
    The Quilt Place in Rockledge, FL isn't too far off of 95. Huge shop with a lot of inspiration.

http://www.thequiltplace.com/

If you go through Bunnel there is one there ( I can't remember the name but they are a Bernina distributor ), and in Ormand Beach the Byrds Nest Quilt Shoppe is there.
    But before that in Jacksonville, Cinnamons Quilt Shop is my favorite in Florida so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mike'sgirl View Post
    If you go through Bunnel there is one there ( I can't remember the name but they are a Bernina distributor ),
    The Sew & Quilt Shop is the one in Bunnel, and it is just off I-95. Byrd's Nest has 2 locations, one in Palm Coast and one in Ormond Beach, and they are both just off I-95 also. The Sew & Quilt Shop is the bigger of the 3.

I also second the Quilt Place in Rockledge. They have lots of quilt kits, and I never leave there without 1 or 2.

Don't miss A Scarlet Thread quilt shop off I-75 in Ga. It's off exit 221 and you drive east a mile or two off the interstate. Enjoy your trip. BTW we live in the Knoxville area too.

Darren & Kimberly

I have no idea where any quilt shops are along your route, but driving through the Keys is awesome. We drove from my Dad's place in Naples to Key West a few Spring Breaks ago. I loved that drive. Stop at Sparky's Landing in Key Colony Beach for great food.