Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: drunkard's path

drunkard's path

Once again, going through my leftover fabrics and made this one.

Question - I used the heat bond interface - it's ind of stiff. Once I applique the edges and quilt it and I can wash it, does the stiffness of the interface go away?

Thanks all.

Name:  IMG_1506.JPG
Views: 1762
Size:  128.7 KB

Banned
    In my experience, interfacing usually softens with washing.

Are those shapes ironed on or pieced? Heat and Bond iron on adhesive does not soften much. The one you can stitch through is better than the one that is meant for crafts and can't be stitched.

The shapes are ironed on. I ironed circles onto squares and then cut them in four. This was the most common method I found online. I could have done arcs, but after doing the bali wedding star, I am kind of done with arcs for a while LOL

It said it was for applique / crafts. And you can stitch through it no problem (well, at least by machine!)

Just wanted to say it is really pretty. I don't have an answer for your question though.

Quote Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
    Just wanted to say it is really pretty. I don't have an answer for your question though.
    My thoughts, as well.

I've used Heat and Bond Iron On in the past and it did not softened up much.

Very pretty drunkard's path.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I mostly make wall hangings with the neat melty stuff. Since they do not get washed, I can't answer your question, but I just have to say that I love the colors in your quilt. It is stunning.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Pretty quilt! I love the colors!

Blog Entries
    I really like your quilt but the one I did I used the pellon light weight interfacing that you iron down was never stiff it is Eleanor Burns from her applique in a day book

Beautiful top! I have found that the lighter bonds soften up pretty good. If you used the heavier bonds they don't seem to soften much.

Blog Entries
    It is beautiful! It reminded me of the quilt my Paternal Gr. Mother made of Pink and White fabric. She made it starting in about 1894. She passed in 1958--102 yrs. old.
    She made 4 small blocks then put them together in groups of 4. My Dad inherited it, and he kept it in his dresser drawer for many years. Then he gave I to my sister just older than me. She and our oldest sister "traded" quilts. The oldest sister gave it to her daughter, and the daughter gave it to the sister just older. She decided I should ave it since I was into quilting. I posted it on my Avatar--Mariah. I hope to have it appraised sometime beore long.
    Mariah
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

Love your colors! Looks good.....

I've read about the method you used to make them and i tho't it sounded like a lot more work then the way i learned in a serger class.....in the class we made a wall hanging but i've recently completed a quilt by putting four together and forms a circle of different colors, very pretty......i just used the curved method......2 pieces.....i think i'll make the same quilt for my grand daughters wedding in the fall but only a large throw.....the one i made i gave to my friend and she loves it. The method i used only uses 2 pieces of fabric, nothing else........
    dsews2

I can remember my mother and grandmother making a drunkards path together when I was about 6 years old (75 years ago) and it was so pretty.

Very pretty colors!!
    Jeanie