Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Eagle quilt block

  1. #1
    Super Member leatheflea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    martinsville Indiana
    Posts
    4,479
    Ive been wanting to make a Lonestar quilt for my dad. On the corners of the quilt I'd like to add an eagle block. The problem is I can't find a pattern. Internet searching has led me to nothing but applique, not what I'm looking for. I found a lady that will sell the block already made but will not share her pattern. Do any of you have a pattern that you would be willing to sell or share. Or do any of you have the software to design your own, again I would be more than happy to pay for your services.

    something like this
    Name:  Attachment-62316.jpe
Views: 1676
Size:  3.6 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern , Virginia
    Posts
    1,536
    Sorry, I don't have one but most of the ones I have seen are paper pieced. As soon as I learn to paper piece I would love to make one. How big a block are you looking for ?

  3. #3
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    22,990
    Looks like you have a good start on a block already.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern , Virginia
    Posts
    1,536
    Try this link http://www.silverlingsoriginals.com Also go to our search on the board and put in eagle block.

  5. #5
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    22,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
    Try this link http://www.silverlingsoriginals.com Also go to our search on the board and put in eagle block.
    try: http://www.silverliningsoriginals.com

  6. #6
    Super Member leatheflea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    martinsville Indiana
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
    Sorry, I don't have one but most of the ones I have seen are paper pieced. As soon as I learn to paper piece I would love to make one. How big a block are you looking for ?
    I think about 12 or 14 inches. I havent seen any, except for the gal who will make but not share the pattern.

  7. #7
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,697
    are you looking for pp or pieced or applique?

  8. #8
    Super Member leatheflea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    martinsville Indiana
    Posts
    4,479
    I'm looking for pieced. I've found several applique that I don't like and I'm not all that great at applique.

  9. #9
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,392
    I went to that site and I have to say wow - some gorgeous designs but I absolutely abhor their background! It is so distracting I'm having a hard time wanting to browse their site :(
    I'm looking for a pelican and thought, hey, if they have an eagle, maybe they have a pelican... but I think I'll save my eyes...

  10. #10
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,697
    http://www.amazon.com/transfers-embr.../dp/B0018LZWZ8

    this is embroidery ----iron-on transfers. might be an alternative. another idea is eagle fabric.

    is this for corners or a feature somehow?
    EDIT: i just reread your post. they ARE corner features. the embroidery would be a very nice touch.

  11. #11
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,697
    i have an iron-on transfer that needs a block app. 6" x 8". if you want to embroider, i can send it to you. it's the pic on the lower right. ignore the numbers, they won't transfer. if you want it, pm me with a mailing address.

    eagle iron-on
    Name:  Attachment-16687.jpe
Views: 440
Size:  109.0 KB

  12. #12
    Super Member leatheflea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    martinsville Indiana
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    i have an iron-on transfer that needs a block app. 6" x 8". if you want to embroider, i can send it to you. it's the pic on the lower right. ignore the numbers, they won't transfer. if you want it, pm me with a mailing address.
    Thanks for taking the time to find the transfers, but stubborn me I'm dead set on a peiced block, at least for now, I may give in eventually.

  13. #13
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    19,065
    Blog Entries
    2
    also try www.paperpanache.com

  14. #14
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,392
    Here's one... but it's a stained glass one - pretty though
    http://www.virginiaquilter.com/cgi-l...820+1280712352

  15. #15
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,392
    Here's a paper pieced one - he's not flying though..
    http://www.rushintailor.com/catalog/...oducts_id/4387

    I wonder if the block you are looking for is in one of the Pieced blocks books. Maybe there is one in there?

  16. #16
    Ms. Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madison Heights, VA
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I went to that site and I have to say wow - some gorgeous designs but I absolutely abhor their background! It is so distracting I'm having a hard time wanting to browse their site :(
    I'm looking for a pelican and thought, hey, if they have an eagle, maybe they have a pelican... but I think I'll save my eyes...
    WOW!!!! I understand what you mean about their background, Beautiful site but the background would have to go before I could buy from them. My eye's have not adjusted to normal yet!! It really is bad I have a headache from looking at it less than 5 min's. Not a good thing for anyone with a seizure disorder like me!! :-( :hunf: :hunf: :thumbdown:

  17. #17
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,697
    i saw the one from the rushin' tailor, but i wasn't sure if you were looking for a freebie. also that one is pp.

  18. #18
    Super Member leatheflea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    martinsville Indiana
    Posts
    4,479
    You know girls I think this would be a pp pattern after looking at it a bit more. Very greatful for all your help. Now I'm headed in the right direction. You all are great so happy to find this forum.

  19. #19
    Super Member leatheflea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    martinsville Indiana
    Posts
    4,479
    Shes finally selling her pattern! my lucky day! just order it! Cant wait to make this quilt for my dad. Its gonna be a lonestar with the eagles in the corners. She's having a sale, you gals should check it out!

    http://nativeamericanstarquilts.net/index.htm

  20. #20
    pookie ookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Trifid Nebula
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    Shes finally selling her pattern! my lucky day! just order it! Cant wait to make this quilt for my dad. Its gonna be a lonestar with the eagles in the corners. She's having a sale, you gals should check it out!

    http://nativeamericanstarquilts.net/index.htm
    Another bad background on a website. Can't look at it but would love to see the finished quilt.

  21. #21
    Super Member leatheflea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    martinsville Indiana
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie ookie
    Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    Shes finally selling her pattern! my lucky day! just order it! Cant wait to make this quilt for my dad. Its gonna be a lonestar with the eagles in the corners. She's having a sale, you gals should check it out!

    http://nativeamericanstarquilts.net/index.htm
    Another bad background on a website. Can't look at it but would love to see the finished quilt.
    Whats wrong with the background? I didnt have a problem.

  22. #22
    pookie ookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Trifid Nebula
    Posts
    1,305
    It's black. Always been an inappropriate choice. You would think people would know that by now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.